Weather for the Normandy landings?

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ%2FMGArticle%2FWSJ_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031783144355&path=%21nationworld&s=1037645509161

This is interesting

"The Germans have been expecting an attack further to the north. That much is clear. The weather today is better than it was yesterday but worse than that normally required for an invasion. There is quite a sea swell and it is pretty windy. Not like June at all. In that sense, we took them by surprise."

From here

http://www.dailypast.com/europe/normandylandings.shtml

OK still cant find a temp but all im reading is saying that the weather was not good at all, unseasonably cold etc...

The Germans always expected the attack to come from the area of Pas de Calais and even once the actual invasion began at Normandy many top German Officers insisted it was a feint. It may have been one of the reasons the invasion was a success. Had we met head to head with the entire German army we would have been pushed back across the channel.

Alright I have searched the Web nothing. I sent several emails to local weather forecasters will see if they answer back.

Trust me, my Google-Fu is very strong and I have a wife with a degree in Atmospheric Science, and still found squat on the web as far as actual temps that day. A lot of historical averages but no actual temps.

The Germans always expected the attack to come from the area of Pas de Calais and even once the actual invasion began at Normandy many top German Officers insisted it was a feint. It may have been one of the reasons the invasion was a success. Had we met head to head with the entire German army we would have been pushed back across the channel.

Yes agreed, I posted that for the reference to the weather state.

I spent way to much time searching this data....found a ton on the weather "conditions" but not the actual temp......

WHY IS IT SUCH A SECRET???

or maybe it is just that it was more interesting on the cloud coverage and overall conditions that the Temp became non-important for reporting purposes. I have read several journals as well and still no actual air/water temps.......

Back