What Equipment would you place in Shirt sleeve pockets on ACU's/BDU?

I am one of those guys who believes in using the pockets.
ID Card/Access badge in the left arm pocket.
Some combination of money/Eagle card/Star card/ROE Card/9-line card in the right pocket., pen in the left leg.
Wallet in the right leg pocket.
M06-Dude you are a Field Grade, get some PFC to carry your belt for ya.

Guys,

Discussion (albeit ass) on an Irish forum regarding UBAC's Shirts and the fact we got a new issue shirt with no side facing chest pockets and none on the sleeve..I was conveying its a moot point because the US and Brit sleeve pockets are nothing more than Velco for Unit patches..

Just out of curiosity, what if any equipment do you place in your ACU sleeve pockets?

Great photo. ;)

Good to see Lieutenant General McCann wearing the traditional Cavalry Glengarry. :thumbsup:

The new pockets are better reinforced too. I see that alright that they have gone for the more older style version of straight front shirt pockets and away from the more modern slanted pockets on most other modern bdus.

A strange decision to why they got rid of the pen pocket on the left sleeve.

Copenhangen and that is it, with the new fatty army where you can't dip, I keep it Internet ankle pocket now. I wear cool guy Spy(brand name) glasses so they don't fit in the upper pocket without looking like a bag of ass.

Pack of smokes, IR chemlights, and a digital camera (to back up the SSE guys). In garrison, nothing.

I'm also a fan of keeping my dip in a my sleeve pockets, only when deployed though because we don't have the pockets on shirts we wear in Canada.

Well, since I mostly have a desk job, "mission essential" to me is my sunglasses and two black pens...:) back when I was "tactical" the only ones with pockets on their sleeves were SOF. Maybe someone with some more recent and relevant tactical experience can chime in with what they use the pockets for. In my opinion they're convenient, but not essential. They're useful if you're wearing body armor but that's about it.

I only use the shoulder pockets for a quick reference guide and for my notepad. Gear in the cargo pockets of the trousers bounces around too much when moving quickly and the plate carrier covers the breast pockets. All the crap in the cargo pockets just makes you look like gear bomb fresh out of boot camp with a couple canteens in your pockets.

While deployed I kept a note pad, casualty card (SOP), and Arabic language cheat sheet in the left pocket. Report cheat cards (9 line, UXO, CAS, ect), with patrol roster and unit freq/contact card in the right. Extra tourniquet and bandage in left cargo (SOP), small E&E zip lock kit (Iraqi cell, small compass/map, grn/red/IR chem light, power bar, 550 cord and cash) and normally a pack of smokes in the right cargo. Never used the ankle pockets…

Our Company mandated that we all had "ZAP" cards...everything about you medically provided you are injured etc. In addition we would use them for IR chem lights as well. They dim them down a little so they don't wash out your NVGs at night while on a patrol. Other then that, smokes and a lighter. All of my CAS cards etc were in an admin pouch on my vest.

In garrison I would say they are pretty much useless. Nothing you can really put in the shoulder pocket that you cant just as easily put in a breast pocket.

Back