White House says shutdown will delay pay to troops

Personally I don't think riders should be allowed at all. Also, the POTUS should have line-item veto. Every bill should be required to stand or fall on its own merits.
Very well stated.

Any word on the monthyl payments for article 35 on the GI Bill? I havnet found shit

Any word on the monthyl payments for article 35 on the GI Bill? I havnet found shit

A Stars & Stripes article said payments on existing GI Bill claims will be paid but no new claims would be processed, AND the VA phone lines will go unanswered so you can see how that's going to work out.

A Stars & Stripes article said payments on existing GI Bill claims will be paid but no new claims would be processed, AND the VA phone lines will go unanswered so you can see how that's going to work out.

Well, good news for me.
Bad news for everyone else :(

I'm equally pissed at both parties. At this point, the first side to give in will probably get the most brownie points.

I agree also, which, as you can tell from my profanity laden post, is how I feel!

We should run next election. You can be POTUS; I'd be happy with Speaker. Figure it'll take us about three weeks to get it straightened out, then we can retire on half-pay and go back to our regular jobs. Hell, I could probably just take leave, I have a bunch saved up...

Q. Whats the difference between Dictatorships and Democracies.

A. Dictatorships pay their Military.

I think the Govt would do well to look back in history and see what has happened to their predecessors when they fucked with the people who have the weapons.

I wanted to reserve my comments until things got somewhat ironed out, now hearing that some bullshit deal was reached I guess I will share them.

I think the sorry sons of bitches in office should be a fucking ashamed of themselves, ensuring they will be paid but allowing our deployed soldiers to worry about their bills, families and lively hoods. The cowards who lead our country are a fucking disgrace to our people and this Nation, more over they continue to make a mockery of us all, to the whole damn world. They mock our values, our sacrifices, our commitments and our loyalty. These fuck-stick-cock-sucking-cumdumbster-wannabee-power grabbers, need to go the fuck away…

How fucking dare they take advantage of our loyalty, how dare they send us off to war in a third country and at the same time threaten to cut off our small, minuscule pay. How dare they make my wife worry and who the fuck do they think they are to make my brothers and sisters in arms worry. These sorry sacks of shit do not deserve the blanket of freedom we provide for them…

During this whole ordeal I never once worried about my own situation, I have been fortunate enough to keep my bills well paid and save enough to weather the loss of a few pay checks (thanks dad for teaching me well). But I have been worried about that young JR enlisted Soldier, Marine, Sailor, and Airman who is out their providing our freedom. I have been worried because I know what it is like to be down range and not have any ability to take care of problems back home. I know what it’s like to talk on a phone, read an email from a spouse that “I don’t know what to do, I need you home” and not be able to get home a fix what needs to be fixed. What I have not experienced however is my wife on the other end of the phone, wanting to know how she is going to feed herself or my child because the government just shut off my pay. I can’t even imagine the amount of frustration and fear that would flood my mind. I could not imagine how I would be able to carry on with my mission, knowing that my child may not have baby formula, dippers, or how my wife would not have money to gas her car to take my child to the hospital. I really cannot imagine those thoughts, or what they must feel like to know you are putting it all on the line for your countrymen, and they can’t even take care of your family.

To make this worse than it is, we have these cocksuckers making sure that they will pay themselves, removing those stresses, frustrations and fear from themselves, all while they have a fancy cup of coffee and argue over less than 1% of our national budget. Not ensuring they get paid because they are in harm’s way, with no other way to deal with issues on the home front. “No let’s just fucking blow those people off, as long as we get ours we can take as long as we need.” Fuck you people!

To the Democrats, you disgusting trash and sorry excuse for an American, get with the damn program. Our country is going fucking broke, you cannot spend your way out of it, you have to stop spending money, and you have to stop funding people’s medical issues, drug habits and all around failures in life. We simply cannot afford to do that anymore. Wake up and smell the fucking roses, these entitlement hungry fucks are not going to love you/elect you when the government is completely broke and you can’t give them a check anymore.

To the republicans, you sorry dumb shits, what in the fuck is 1% of the budget going to accomplish. You retards, you were going to shut it down over 1 fucking percent? Go big or go fucking home! Dumbasses! You people are not saving any face by cutting 1%; you would not save face with cutting 10%. Do what we elected you dumbasses to do.

To the American people, WAKE THE FUCK UP!!! These cocksuckers are going to destroy our country, we have the ability to stop it, get off your lazy asses and use those fucking abilities. GI Joe can’t do everything for you, freedom is not free and it’s time for you panty waist bitches to get up and do something about it.

To the board, sorry for the rant.

It's good news today but I would continue to tell your soldiers to save some money up while they have time. First week of May the Debt Ceiling vote comes up and later this fall it's the 2012 budget. We could be right back here again looking at another shutdown.

True, and I couldn't even muster up a proper sentence to point it out. :thumbsdown: Either way, he summed things up very nicely.

As I keep telling them at Uni, proof reading and anything more than a draft is for girlie men. You just keep on keeping on.

Back