Who's married here?

If you need six months to get ready for the PST then ........ nevermind. Also, don't tell anyone at BUD/S that you know anything about diving. They want you to have in your ass pack of facts what they put in your ass pack of facts.
One thing that you should pay attention to more, as well, is capitalizing SEAL. I noticed in your first post that you didn't whether you slipped or you just didn't know, I don't know, but it is a warfare device. You capitalize all warfare devices (DV, SWCC, SEAL, SW, AW, SCW, EXW, EOD........) Not trying to be a dick just trying to either inform you or remind you.

As for the deployment, it's the standard length Navy deployment. None of that 14 month bullshit. Professional Developement, Inter-ops, training pkg.'s, eat up most of your homeport. Like everyone said you have to have a strong marriage. Do you have kids? If not then don't plan one until you've done at least a pump. If she's there when you get back from your first deployment you guys have a better idea of whether she is willing to put up with your other life. I'm not claiming this as sage advice just my personal advice after 5 years in a Seabee Battalion (10 months home/6 deployed cycle and where I currently am within NSW) It gets real rocky at times. It seems the best times are deployment & the first few months after a deployment, the worst of times is the training cycles. There is alot of TAD's and trips in NSW because the training site is often away from home.
Hope it helps.

It sounds like a "wild ride" being a Navy SEAL. I was in an "A" school in Norfolk - I met a SEAL and EOD team that were getting ready for deployment. They were the best guys I have ever partied with!!- but the problem is, once they were deployed, I never saw them again!

Back