Women in Combat: Problem, Solution, Implementation

Also, as amlove stated, there won't be enough women to have a segregated unit... so what happens when the (insert service) decides that is how this needs to be done, and starts pulling women from other MOS/AFSCs that dont want to do it, just to fill numbers. Heard a whole radio segment from a lady that works in the DOD and she was positive that is how this will go.

I wonder if the risk of being yanked into the infantry would reduce the current rise of female recruits? Might weed out some that seem to be there "because it's a job".
Reed

I wonder if the risk of being yanked into the infantry would reduce the current rise of female recruits? Might weed out some that seem to be there "because it's a job".
Reed

You know I dont like to do this in public- I agree with you totally.

It is an intriguing step. I think the barrier is already somewhat broken- by having females on convoys, acting as MP and base security, important intelligence positions, OSI/CID/NCIS- I think the "shock and awe" of working alongside a woman is nearly gone. So how do we actually implement and employ them day to day? That, my friends, is the million dollar question.

I think it is going to be rough for a while due to the fact to me it seems like this a "I don't like being told I can't do something" instead of "HEY ! I want to kick down doors and take the fight to the enemy" sort of situations. This is all this female brass someone hooting and hollering about equality when none of them would to get it on out there in the field. Just my opinion...I see no problems with women intergrated into more combat arms jobs, but it should be because they want it.

They will lower the standards for women to the level that any 15 year old boy can pass. Then they will pass women all the while failing men for not meeting the much higher standard.

Then everyone, to include the women that are given a pass, will turn around a state "see! We are all equal and women can do the same job as men!"

It's all PC bullshit.

All you have to do is look at the joke that is called Airborne School.

Most men can't pass the men's standards.

Did I mention this is bullshit?

We have introduced a series of Physical Employment Standard Assessments, for Infantry, diggers have to pass the all Corps one, the Arms Corps one and then the Infantry one. There are no age or sex standards. So far, no dilution of the standard has occurred, but we're only 6 months into women being allowed to put their hands up for arms corps jobs.

We have introduced a series of Physical Employment Standard Assessments, for Infantry, diggers have to pass the all Corps one, the Arms Corps one and then the Infantry one. There are no age or sex standards. So far, no dilution of the standard has occurred, but we're only 6 months into women being allowed to put their hands up for arms corps jobs.

The US Army isn't smart/wise/practical/reasonable enough to do the same sadly... :thumbsdown:

Back