Working on a 3day+ Ruck - - COBRA

What do you think about this bad mofo?
SOA-Board-Pic.gif
Are the external pockets removable?

Yeah, you can fit the carrier in there.
Here's the specs:
11 body zippered pockets. 2 Slot pockets for toolage. Hydration pocket holds 2 X 100 oz bladders. Interior Radio pouch & 2 *Plus* pockets. Upper pocket has 2 interior pouch pockets. Elasticized lid for a snug & weatherproof closure to main body Storm skirt for overload capacity & weatherproofing. Compression straps, 4x: side mount lash points, 1x overload. Grab handles, 3x: for emergencies, vehicle mount & lugging the thing around. ITW Snap-Dragons: Quick-release hardware on Shoulder pads & Sternum. "SWEET" zipper pulls: color coded, user friendly & silent running. ID patch: 2 loop x 10 Accessory web strips for ALICE clips & pockets. Thick dual density foam ( 1 ¼?), pads the frame, shoulder & hip pads cushion the carry. Fully adjustable Shoulder pads w/ overload stabilizers secure & adjust to any load. Field replaceable Delrin Sur-mount hardware.Capacity: main body: 3500 in3 + pockets: 2000 in3 (pockets)Weight: 8 lb. 6 oz.Size: One size fits most.Material: 500D Cordura, body & reinforcements 400D Packcloth, extensions & linings.
SOWT - We're discussing altering the design now so that the exterior pockets are romovable.

If anyone is interested in the COBRA in Multicam ($349) we're going to have some in about 5 weeks. We've got a lot of orders in front of them so that's the reason for the 5 weeks. I do have in stock now 1 Son of Alice Ruck ($399.99) in Multicam, 1 in Coyote Brown ($389.99), and 1 COBRA in Coyote Brown that I've put about 150 miles on so it's classified as "used" and discounted to $300, but shows no wear.

I didn't read past posts but i think I recall someone asking if you can fit a plate carrier inside the Son of Alice. Here's a shot of it with a Mayflower inside. Still tons of room. I have one more ready in Multicam. Killer ruck for way less than an LBT, and the quality I say is same or higher. I know it's got more storage than the LBT that someone else posted about here. $399.99 + Shipping
W-PlateCarrier.JPG

Alright, we're sewing up the ruck with removable exterior pockets and an opening bottom now. We're doing them in Multicam and we're using Murdock webbing which is the best out there as far as I'm concerned. New version is called the Crusader.

I want to blow out 3 of these and make them a special offer to ShadowSpear members at $310 just to get them out there. PM if interested. Oh free CONUS shipping too, but just for members here.

Also reworking the COBRA, and the new version the "Infidel" will be ready in 3-4 weeks.

Just a quick question. Please don't take this the wrong way I'm merely asking here. Why the down east plastic pack frames. It resembles the current issue USMC Pack, and that frame hasn't served very well. From what I've seen. Is there more info out there on these that I don't know about. I've used the old school metal alice frames. Even with the old, MOLLE USMC ruck back in like 03-04 era, those things shattered in cold weather training.
I can't tell you, how bad a 3 day good framed pack could be used in the USMC for mission specific type stuff. The current "assault pack" lasted 3 days when I went through Scout Sniper basic a few years back, the straps blew, material ripped, epic fail in my eyes.

You know, it's what we started using and just never really looked at alternatives. Never had a return or complaint though so were never pushed to look at other options. With the new design hopefully done and available in a couple weeks this may be a good time to look. I load the hell out of mine and put a lot of miles on it, not in the cold, but still put it through what hell I can and I haven't had any issues either. I do know there are a few other frames out there. I may just have to look into this.

Good to know you haven't had any issues with them. I wish you the best with the products. I did notice that they are very adaptable, multiple ways you could rig things on the frame because of all the slots. Something an alice doesn't have it's kind of a one job tool. I bet if you had to you could rig those pack frames in a backboard of some kind too, two packs would be frameless but that could be a marketing option. I'm interested to see what you find in your research.

Back