Wounded Site Member- Surgicalcric

Happy Alive Day, J. Great to hear from you, and I like your plans. I did peds portion of my residency @ UAB. It was an elective, and I have nothing but rave reviews about UAB. At one point in time, hyperbaerics were of use in stubborn Osteo cases. Give a shout if I can be of any help. My best to the family.

Crip, You got your call for today.... the payback on 11/11 for the call I got 2 years ago is going to be fun... what time do you get up... :sneaky::sneaky:

for those of you unfamiliar... 11/11 is the day I got the call "Can you get here?" from Crip, It's also Veteran's Day, and my dad's BD... you know you really have a brother when you get the call to be there for his recovery.

With tears in my eyes, all I can say is Thank You.
Thank you for your service to this nation.
Thank you for your courage and your sense of humor ("I'll be back by dinner.")
Thank you for sharing your journey.
And thanks be to G_d above you still walk (run like a wild man) on this earth with us.
Happy Alive Day, my friend.

Happy Alive Day. Thank you for being a role model for many who wish to follow in your path.

I am so happy to hear you are doing better and better each day Sarge.
Makes me want to push even more.
Happy Alive Day.

"(...)
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
(...)".

Thank you for your service, for being a role model, and for helping me to try harder, and go for my goals. I wish you the best in retirement and if you ever need help navigating the VA or other veteran services, please ask.
Reed

I have been following your saga here and wish you only the best.....as the future is always better if only because you are around to compare it to the past

Sir,
Good to see you are still astounding the medical professionals with your amazing recovery. Due to an unfortunate series of computer updates, I no longer have access to PS.com at work, so I was very glad to see that you are part of this community as well and that there were updates posted.

You continue to amaze me with your positive attitude and willingness to kick the crap out of anything that gets in your way. Keep up the hard work.

Cake

I am new here and reading periodically. This is one truly amazing example of why our military is the best. You rock my friend. I hope you are doing well and as the gent above me said, your attitude is truly inspiring. I surround myself with positive people in life and early into my retirement I read a lot of military books. I was amazed at the attitudes and outlooks these warriors had (Surgicalcric) and their life is turned upside down and thousands of miles from blood family.
Truly the type of people I want my kids to emulate. Not some kneeling NFL Red lover. God Bless.

...I was amazed at the attitudes and outlooks these warriors had (Surgicalcric) and their life is turned upside down and thousands of miles from blood family. ...

aye, and there's the rub - he was in the heart of a family that in many ways is tighter than blood family, there is no way to explain it further.

Back