Wounded Site Member- Surgicalcric

Happy Alive Day SC.

You are a fucking boss and an inspiration to us all. Keep on keepin' on, nothing is impossible when it comes to you.

Happy Alive day, Amigo. The ground you have covered, is remarkable; a normal feat for a fella called Crip. It is a good day!

Happy (belated) alive day, Crip. Glad you're still with us. The word "inspiring" is an understatement.

Well, as of 07:09 EST (15:39 local time) 730 days ago I decided to play hop-scotch on an IED, losing of course.

Over the last three or so days I have attempted to enumerate the things I lost that fateful day. Even though I am an AKA now I have truly lost nothing. What I have gained during this experience, from the building of new friendships and strengthening of others to gaining a more thorough understanding of whats really important in life - that alone was worth the price I paid.

Things are still moving right along for me day to day here at 7th SFG(A) but I am ready to be done and move on to being with the family. I ran into a small issue with repeated cases of cellulitis in my left residual leg; the infectious disease doc thinks its Osteomyelitits. I have a consult at Univ of Ala-Birmingham Ortho clinic tomorrow to get the word on a treatment plan. Other than that lil issue i am still kicking ass and taking names.

Looks like I will be retired about May time frame and headed back into the civilian sector, hopefully into Emergency Preparedness at the local/state level.

If any of you get down to the Destin/Ft Walton Beach/Navarre are over then next couple months look me up.

Thank you, each and everyone for your thoughts, prayers, and assistance over the past two long arduous years as I recovered from my injuries.

Crip
LYNS

Happy Alive Day Crip! Glad things are going well. Best of luck with your little issue/dr appointment, upcoming retirement, and civilian life. 7th Group's loss will be the civilian sector's gain.

Thank you and your family for all of the sacrifices you all have had to endure.

Happy Alive Day!

Hopefully your treatment goes smoothly and you lick this just like everything else. You're going to be in good hands at UAB.

Thanks for the updates. I have to say, you have served as an outstanding example of the true meaning of perseverance and tenacity. Your posts have served to motivate me on more than one occasion.

I sincerely wish you the absolute best of successes with your future endeavors. There is no doubt in my mind that you would be successful at anything you do.

I look forward to your future updates concerning your next chapter in life.

Back