Your 2022 Relieved Naval Commander Thread

If those allegations are true, it's an absolute fucking disgrace that the SEAL community should be ashamed of. Personally I think that mentality is pathetic, "It needs to be this tough/abusive etc... because of our mission set" Really? Does any other non third world country SOF unit act like that in training? The results of the investigation will be interesting.

If those allegations are true, it's an absolute fucking disgrace that the SEAL community should be ashamed of. Personally I think that mentality is pathetic, "It needs to be this tough/abusive etc... because of our mission set" Really? Does any other non third world country SOF unit act like that in training? The results of the investigation will be interesting.
Thank you for so perfectly articulating what I have been trying to write over and over for about the last 20 minutes.

Even third world countries aren't that bad. Fuck, the Chinese don't treat their dudes that bad.

Most comparable I can think of are thai/filipino(not sure which) troops being kicked, but even then that pales in comparison.

Even third world countries aren't that bad. Fuck, the Chinese don't treat their dudes that bad.

Most comparable I can think of are thai/filipino(not sure which) troops being kicked, but even then that pales in comparison.
There is a point of suffering where people who won’t quit, just won’t quit. Now there is a level where people start getting hurt and have to factor in long term, permanent damage. It seems the BUD/S cadre found a way to make the no quitters finally quit… which is disgraceful.

I keep typing a response, over several days, so I'll just trim it to this:

Matthew Cole's book, and allegations against DEVGRU, are allegedly false according to some. Fine, I understand. We've covered that elsewhere.

Here we are, SEAL on SEAL (trainee) violence with a strong DEVGRU connection, but Cole's book is bullshit? I guess once you kill a Green Beret and try to cover that up, a SEAL trainee is nothing. Shit on an American who gave his life to save others in order to protect your command's reputation and deny that hero his due for the nation's highest award? Some lowly trainee doesn't stand a chance.

If this were a biker gang or something, the Feds would prefer RICO charges on the organization...

I keep typing a response, over several days, so I'll just trim it to this:

Matthew Cole's book, and allegations against DEVGRU, are allegedly false according to some. Fine, I understand. We've covered that elsewhere.

Here we are, SEAL on SEAL (trainee) violence with a strong DEVGRU connection, but Cole's book is bullshit? I guess once you kill a Green Beret and try to cover that up, a SEAL trainee is nothing. Shit on an American who gave his life to save others in order to protect your command's reputation and deny that hero his due for the nation's highest award? Some lowly trainee doesn't stand a chance.

If this were a biker gang or something, the Feds would prefer RICO charges on the organization...

Maybe it needs to be the 35th thing (or whatever) for them to finally notice, "hey, there's a pattern here...." :rolleyes:

The War Horse identified at least 29 relieved Air Force commanders during this investigation. Two lieutenant colonels were fired for hazing. Two major generals were fired, one for an unprofessional relationship and the other for unspecified allegations of misconduct. A third major general, the service’s highest-ranking female fighter pilot, was fired for fostering a “toxic” unit climate. One of them, a brigadier general who was relieved for allegedly abusing her position of authority at the Air Force Academy, now serves as the chief of staff for the Space Force.

I know the female MG who was fired, she was being prepped for her third star. She commanded the NATO AWACS wing, and some misconduct emerged once the Pentagon based investigation started. Essentially having subordinates do personal chores while she attended meetings. She ran the SAP Program Office and apparently turned into a screaming banshee, SES level individual asked SecAF to remove her. (This is all public and easy to find, MG Dawn Dunlap).

The BG at the Academy is a real piece of work, TDY funds forr personal travel, blamed her staff. But hey, if your a lesbian it's all good, we'll give you another job so you can keep your star (this came out and is fairly easy to find).

What surprises me is that it’s supposedly the lack of contractor oversight that led to this. In my experience, it was the contractors acting as the gate keepers, going on and on about “back in my day”.

This is interesting, I knew a guy who helped start a big vetbro clothingcompany. He obviously sold his piece and started other businesses. Those businesses were just a side hustle until pre-pandemic. He was a contract BUD/S instructor. I had no idea that Navy used contractors as instructors until he "retired" from being a contractor.

Navy fires warship CO in the middle of a deployment

The commanding officer of the guided-missile cruiser Normandy was relieved of command Tuesday in the middle of the warship’s deployment, and less than eight months after he took command.

The Navy announced the firing in a brief press release stating that Capt. Simon McKeon was relieved “due to a loss of confidence in his ability to command.” It offered few other comments regarding the reasons behind the relief.

And…
Navy fires CO of Ohio recruiting unit

The commanding officer of an Ohio-based Navy recruiting unit was relieved of command Wednesday for reasons that remain unclear.

Cmdr. John Mullen was fired as head of Navy Talent Acquisition Group Ohio River Valley due to what a Navy press release called a “loss of confidence in his ability to command.”

70rttm.jpg

Back