Your 2022 Relieved Naval Commander Thread

Shout out to the officer corps for treating O’s and E’s the same regardless of rank.
It’s really quite disgusting when you think about it. Just shows the true worth of “our greatest asset”.

18+ on the books makes it harder to toss her, and on the E vs O treatment, I'll bet if she was E-9 they'd find a way to keep her too.
Agree. When I was the SDO as a 2LT, I had to pick up the Ops SGM from the MPs for DUI...three years later, he was a company SGM in a Special Forces battalion...he retired with 30 years, serving another 5-10 years after the DUI.

Shout out to the officer corps for treating O’s and E’s the same regardless of rank.

Hey now, we had a Sergeant First Class in 2-1 ABCT that got three DUIs...inside a year. Mind, his license was suspended. And they still didn't separate his ass. DCSM must have liked him.

In the category of Go Big or Go Home, the Army fires a general for hunting violations...

Army relieves commander of Fort Sill, Oklahoma, for violating base hunting rules

I dunno. We were always told in the field that we stood a better chance of escaping the long arm of the law if we killed a person than if we killed any wildlife; and God forbid any protected wildlife dies. Apparently that is a full-on NCIS/JAG investigation with the EPA looking over their shoulder.

My brother-in-law was in NROTC, as was his roommate. His roommate just picked up command of an attack sub, my bro-in-law has been kind enough to introduce me. I have been asking questions about the culture of leadership and all of the navy firings. When I get my ducks in a row I will post the gist of the chats.

Back