Your 2024 relieved Naval Commander Thread

The CG fired Mode, the HMFIC, because of judgment and leadership issues regarding another chaplain. The investigation did not find any violation of law or policy. Sounds like the CG was conservative in their decision, but that whole 'poor judgment' and 'erosion of trust' is hard to get around. I like how they put it all out there unlike the Navy.

The article did not state what sexual misconduct the other chaplain engaged in.

I always attempt to fool myself and try to convince myself that this recent influx of firings is senior leadership getting their collective shit together and weeding out the ineffective to make room for serious leaders. Then I sober up and remember why I began drinking in the first place.

I always attempt to fool myself and try to convince myself that this recent influx of firings is senior leadership getting their collective shit together and weeding out the ineffective to make room for serious leaders. Then I sober up and remember why I began drinking in the first place.

If you read the paper I attached many posts ago, this ain't new/recent, just...more out there. At least on the Navy side. What makes it so depressing, according to that relatively dated paper, is that there's a lot of understanding 'why' and how to prevent 'it', but the Navy hasn't seemingly cared to do anything to prevent it despite knowing how.

You knew it was something to do with diddling…

Chaplain of the Coast Guard Fired for 'Loss of Confidence' After Not Acting on Case of Sexual Misconduct

Capt. Daniel Mode, who had served as Chaplain of the Coast Guard since 2022, failed to take action when he was made aware of sexual misconduct by another chaplain that had taken place prior to the other chaplain joining the Navy and serving in the Coast Guard's chaplain corps, according to the Coast Guard.

Random OohRah observation:
We have countless hundreds of posts on this board about fired leaders and even years later it is still difficult to find online “cause” for most of them.

It took the USCG about 69 seconds to release why the fired the priest. I just find that odd.
That is very strange. I also wonder what the specifics of the crime were, and how they were conveyed to the fired chaplain, and whether this is violative of the sacrament of confession. I'd also like to know what, if anything, happened to the other chaplain.

That is very strange. I also wonder what the specifics of the crime were, and how they were conveyed to the fired chaplain, and whether this is violative of the sacrament of confession. I'd also like to know what, if anything, happened to the other chaplain.

I read that the chaplain in question is no longer in the service, but didn't see anything beyond that.

Back