Yut

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyBear

Unverified
Hello:thumbsup: - I'm in the Marines. I've completed my first enlistment as an MSG, now I'm preparing for my potential re-enlistment as a MarSOC Operator. I'm heading to Assessment and Selection for MarSOC in September, and I'm hoping to link up with some other Marines who are attending MarSOC's Assessment and Selection to bounce training plans off one another, gain insight on what needs to be improved on, and just create an overall positive atmosphere for me to train in before attending the Assessment course.

Welcome, Marine -- how did you manage MSG on your first enlistment?
At the time the program was looking at allowing LCpl's to be watchstanders, but it was still on a case by case bases. As for what I did - I worked my ass off through the school house, didn't hold anything back on my TS application, and passed the board at the end of the course. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to be a watchstander in my first four, that's for damn sure!;)

HolyBear.... your Acronyms may not be the same Acronyms used by other Services; I believe the Wookie (like me) might have read MSG as Master Sergeant, since we are both unfamiliar with USMC abbreviations... My guess is that MSG = Marine Security Guard, or Embassy/Gov't Guard, correct or not?

Welcome anyway...

HolyBear.... your Acronyms may not be the same Acronyms used by other Services; I believe the Wookie (like me) might have read MSG as Master Sergeant, since we are both unfamiliar with USMC abbreviations... My guess is that MSG = Marine Security Guard, or Embassy/Gov't Guard, correct or not?

Welcome anyway...
You're correct! Marine Security Guards provide security inside of Embassies and Consulates around the world. I missed the unruly riots in Cairo by two years, damnit..:thumbsdown:

You're correct! Marine Security Guards provide security inside of Embassies and Consulates around the world. I missed the unruly riots in Cairo by two years, damnit..:thumbsdown:

That's good duty, and what I was referring to; but I am still curious how you got MSG orders on your first enlistment? I know you could get it on the backend of the first contract, but always with reenlistment. I'm sure things have changed - welcome again. Semper Fi

I had always thought that MSG was an infantry thing. Found out it wasn't when the first guard I saw was a chick lol. Seemed like a pretty good gig. Oh and welcome!

My SNCOIC suggested I put an MSG package in because of how I got screwed into the job I was in (admin). He wasn't a fan of seeing his Marines do anything but succeed, and he saw something in me that had the potential to thrive in other areas of the military. A couple good words passed, a couple face to face interviews during the routing process of my package, and I was cleared hot for MSG school.

Thank you all for welcoming me into SS! I can already tell that this is a great community, and I'm looking forward to future convo's.

Welcome anyway...

Wookie is a Marine.... he better know MSG. and its not from the Chinese food place down the road.

HolyBear,
You and JBS may have some interesting conversations. Welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back