101st Recounts remote base that was attacked

Intense. Good job guys. That Sgt sounds like a badass.
Wish I was there.

I'd be getting down to brass tacks with the MK 19 as to why the sucker jammed twice when most needed. 5 wounded, 80 BG's met their destiny. Good deal.

I'd be getting down to brass tacks with the MK 19 as to why the sucker jammed twice when most needed.

I wish there was some numbers, even rough estimates, of failures of weapons systems by unit along with their maintenance practices.

The MK 19 = pain in the ass, regardless of well maintained or not. Great weapons system when they work, just too many issues with keeping them working IMO. Not the best thought out weapon in the Army.

Do I recall correctly there is a replacement for the MK19 on the way and reliability was one reason behind that?

I did think that myself CM.

Bolt assembly springs are prone to wear out, especially when kept cocked for long periods of time (think weapon sitting in OP for months with spring compressed). The top cover assembly is also put together wrong by accident a lot of times by joes who are not up to speed (think joe in OP manning MK19 and he has never used one). Not to mention that the MK19 ammunition is problematic if not kept clean and stored correctly.

They are fucking holding the low land....what the hell is up with that? Damn stupid if you ask me 6 guys up top how about every swinging dick

that fucking OP was up in the friggin weeds!! I hope they had a 249 or something else other than M4s up there with the MK19.

Glad the outcome was as it was, outstanding job by 2nd Brigade.

WELL DONE

for what? trade

It just deppends, some CO's will say "nah someone (meaning joe) will get hurt" or "we don't need that stuff". When I was on my first deployment in the Sniper section we had to claymores per team and 2 frags per person. I went to a line company mid deployment and was told I could not have any frags and they took my smoke b/c SL's only needed smoke. My last deployment we did not have anything other then primary weapons and combat load ammo... Nothing else.

Gay leadership! Not saying that was the case with these guys.

Yes, but some unit commanders keep that shit under lock and key.

:doh:

Seriously, WTF?

That one weapon could have turned the battle for that OP with ease.

It just deppends, some CO's will say "nah someone (meaning joe) will get hurt" or "we don't need that stuff". When I was on my first deployment in the Sniper section we had to claymores per team and 2 frags per person. I went to a line company mid deployment and was told I could not have any frags and they took my smoke b/c SL's only needed smoke. My last deployment we did not have anything other then primary weapons and combat load ammo... Nothing else.

Gay leadership! Not saying that was the case with these guys.

Any commander that has that as policy should be removed from command, regardless of position.

:doh:

Seriously, WTF?

That one weapon could have turned the battle for that OP with ease.

Any commander that has that as policy should be removed from command, regardless of position.

I agree! We don't know if these HSLD screaming chicken types did not have claymores though. I would be willing to be they did, or they were not available. I could not see a CO in a remote out post not allowing claymores and frags...

They are fucking holding the low land....what the hell is up with that? Damn stupid if you ask me 6 guys up top how about every swinging dick

Our policy has been to control the lines of communication, not the terrain. We concentrate our forces around villages, roads, and blue lines, not the highest portion on the map.

Our policy has been to control the lines of communication, not the terrain. We concentrate our forces around villages, roads, and blue lines, not the highest portion on the map.

What free is saying here is that the "new Army" like to worry about hajji's water, food and cell phone towers and no longer cares about sound military tactics... }:-) lol

Back