2016 Rio Olympics thread -

Venus Williams lost to a 30 y/o Belgian first time Olympian. Williams seemed just flatfooted and struggling throughout her match. At one point she left the court for an 18 minute "bathroom
break" that drew some really bad press for Williams. It was sad to see the tennis great that Williams is, struggling so much.

The Williams sisters have a doubles match up later during the Olympics, with some pretty tough match ups. I hope Venus will have a better showing in the doubles.

Venus Williams lost to a 30 y/o Belgian first time Olympian. Williams seemed just flatfooted and struggling throughout her match. At one point she left the court for an 18 minute "bathroom
break" that drew some really bad press for Williams. It was sad to see the tennis great that Williams is, struggling so much.

The Williams sisters have a doubles match up later during the Olympics, with some pretty tough match ups. I hope Venus will have a better showing in the doubles.
That's too bad. The Williams sisters have been absolutely dominant for almost 20 years now. I just saw that Venus herself has taken gold in the last four summer games (once in singles, and three times in doubles), which is just nuts. I hope she recovers and plays her top game for the rest of the Olympics.

annemiek van vleuten just took a nasty fall during the female road race. She was in lead and was only 11 km from the win. Let's hope she's okay. Shelanded on her head pretty hard.

annemiek van vleuten just took a nasty fall during the female road race. She was in lead and was only 11 km from the win. Let's hope she's okay. Shelanded on her head pretty hard.

She's OK, but what a crash. She was motion less even when the other riders came past her.

As for the finish, DEAR GOD, talk about a close finish, and a heart breaker for Team USA. She just had nothing left when the herd pedaled past.

She's OK, but what a crash. She was motion less even when the other riders came past her.

As for the finish, DEAR GOD, talk about a close finish, and a heart breaker for Team USA. She just had nothing left when the herd pedaled past.

Did you see the the chase group run down what was remaining of the lead group yesterday? The Pol must have been completely out of gas too.

Complete Tib-Fib fracture. I didn't see any bone so he may be able to do a closed reduction. He will probably end up with a plate and screws. Impressive fracture!!

Gold for Phelps, allegedly he has more Olympic medals than Austria does.

Watched a bit of Judo last night, that looks like a brutal sport to participate in, 3 or 4 seconds, catch you later on their back, enjoy the rest of the games, feel free to fuck off out of the village to ease a bit of pressure on the facilities.

We were pretty unimpressed with our official uniform.

3tlAKd.jpg

Swimming is probably the most boring thing to watch, but they keep it exciting in the olympics.

Back