2016 Rio Olympics thread -

annemiek van vleuten just took a nasty fall during the female road race. She was in lead and was only 11 km from the win. Let's hope she's okay. Shelanded on her head pretty hard.

In intensive care with fractures to her spine.

Dutch cyclist fractures spine in 'horrendous crash'

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Dutch cyclist Annemiek van Vleuten suffered three small fractures to her spine and will remain hospitalized in intensive care after crashing Sunday during the women's Olympic road race.

In intensive care with fractures to her spine.

Dutch cyclist fractures spine in 'horrendous crash'

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Dutch cyclist Annemiek van Vleuten suffered three small fractures to her spine and will remain hospitalized in intensive care after crashing Sunday during the women's Olympic road race.

So much for NBC's "she's OK" report.

I watched the wreck, and I am not surprised at all about the extent of her injuries. My worry was for her C-Spine.

So much for NBC's "she's OK" report.

I watched the wreck, and I am not surprised at all about the extent of her injuries. My worry was for her C-Spine.

That was a nasty crash. I thought it looked really bad when they cut back to her and she was laying motionless with her head on that curb. It looked like she had the potential for a broken neck or even a fatal injury. I'm glad she's relatively ok.

Serena Williams seems to be holding her own against a fiesty French opponent, Cornet. I'd like to see her medal here at Rio.

Last edited:
While waiting for synch diving to end...found this.....yeah..LEGEND!!!!:ninja:

F you if you ever say cut calories.....:-":thumbsup:O_o

No really....top 5 races......

Dude is a BEAST!!!!!:blkeye::zzz:

I absolutely LOVE that Lilly King answered that question head on "we can compete clean and still win."

This is awesome!

Australia's Mack Horton calls China's Sun Yang a drug cheat - CNN.com

Hong Kong (CNN)Australia has refused to apologize after an Olympic swimmer sparked outrage by accusing China's Sun Yang of being a "drug cheat."

Speaking to the media after beating Sun by a mere .16 of a second to win the 400m freestyle gold , Mack Horton described his win as one "for the good guys."
Prior to the race, Horton said Sun, who served a three-month ban for testing positive for a banned substance in 2014, was a "drug cheat."

China can eat a dick, how many ever billion they need. Oh, the poor, bad Aussie talked some smack and hurt his little feelings? Pity....

I'm so used to America winning at everything, I forget that in some countries people have to watch just one sport in the hopes of a win.

We'll since you have a huge unsunstainable population and are willing to thrust your country into debt for just about anything, no wonder you win. ;-) To be fair, your women's 7's team finished 5th and that's not winning.

Yeah America was busy winning 19 other medals.;-)

fc8a3eb0-400c-44d9-9378-d95b7a2e94ac.jpg

Back