2018 World Series

Topkick

Verified Military
SSMP
Military Mentor
The post season is here. Gotta be some other MLB fans on SS? Good to see the Atlanta Braves back in the game. They are young, but a very exciting team loaded with talent. I'll be pulling for'em since my Reds shit the bed again in 2018.

I am hoping that the Yankees and Red Sox wear each other down so that my Astros can sit back and relax for a few days. What little nervousness I had with the Stros post season ability was gone after their game 1 and 2 performances. Gonna be fun!

It was awesome being at the Braves game last night when Acuña hit that grand slam and then Freeman hit the homerun ending the tie. The fans went nuts. They provided every seat with a free tomahawk and in front of me were a few Dodger fans that ripped their tomahawks in half.

If they don't get it done this year, the Braves have a bright future. How good is that Acuna? I think he's going to be a great player for years to come, and Freeman already has been one of the best in the game. Braves have some good young pitchers too...again. the Stro's are great, but I liked them better when they were in the NL. Yeah, I'll root the Astros on until the World Series, then I'm all national league.

My son was signed by the Yankees as a player but now works for Jeter in Miami...so our family is pretty baseball oriented.

I'd like to see the Braves pull off 2 more wins if they can. The Brewers have been on a roll most of the season. Houston's as hot as it was last year. Yankees/Red Sox...that could go either way. David Price choking once again in the post season but Boston's offense is strong...Gary Sanchez is finally hitting so the Yankee line-up is loaded. Who knows? Cleveland is overdue and a high-talent team.

EDIT 1658 hrs: Houston just buried Cleveland. Hard.

Last edited:
The Reds have been to the playoffs a couple of times since 1990 but couldn't get it done. Right now though, they suck. So once again I'll just kick back and enjoy watching whatever game is on.

Houston is red hot. They could easily be back in if they maintain momentum. The Red Sox annihilated the Yankees last night, 16 to 1. But no game at Yankee Stadium is a given. If it goes to game 5 and Price has to pitch again, my bet would be on NY. Price is something like 0 and 10 in post-season starts. He's got bad juju in his head.

Too bad for the Braves and Cleveland, two teams I like. Francona will be seeing a lot of his core disperse as free agents.

I have been a Braves fan since the early 80's and they do not disappoint. They WILL choke in October - it's what they do.

The Braves and the Orioles are my two favorite teams - but a fan has to be able to manage expectations.

I have been a Braves fan since the early 80's and they do not disappoint. They WILL choke in October - it's what they do.

The Braves and the Orioles are my two favorite teams - but a fan has to be able to manage expectations.

I've always liked the braves. I go back with the Braves to Chris Chambliss, Dale Murphy, Maddux, Smoltz...when Torre was manager and Chipper was just a rookie.

The Orioles had a disaster season.

Last night was atrocious. Boone mismanaged the game

I like Aaron Boone...but Joe Girardi wasn't exactly doing so bad. Yeah Boone made mistakes. That's the thing about post-season ball. Everybody is so freaking good at what they do, that those rare mistakes and errors, both on the field and in the dugout, will do a team in.

Last edited:
Back