Not Work Safe .

Typical day, west central FL, July. We don't notice heatwaves down here cuz it's always fucking hot and humid until maybe mid-November.

Like I tell my sister in Dallas when she bitches about the heat, 'yeah, that's normal...for Dallas'. Heat index of 115 is a little toasty for us for sure. I imagine even a little worse for places like Philly.

Still, I much prefer this over 30 degrees.

I had an Atari, I was always bitter at the friends who had Colecovision.

Same thing with computers, I had a Vic20, but could not get my parents to splurge on a commodore 64.

I had an Atari, I was always bitter at the friends who had Colecovision.

Same thing with computers, I had a Vic20, but could not get my parents to splurge on a commodore 64.
I built this a year and a half ago so I could have them all again...love it: Gaming thread

Last edited:
I would happily live on Hoth vs. the 100+ temps.
Concur 100%.

Just returned from spending the last 2 weeks in the desert (Coronado Nat'l Forest) with temps near 110 and all the crap that comes with it (rattlesnakes, scorpions, tarantulas, black widows, the list goes on).

I have no idea why anyone in their right mind lives in that area. What were settlers thinking when they built Tombstone out there?!

Last edited:
Our atari doubled down as a "computer" as it had a keyboard and you could actually type and print out a document, albeit a black screen with green letters, and the printer was that old ass green and white lined paper that you had to tear the feeding holes off.

We thought that was some high-tech shit back in the day.

Anyone remember the cassette player that had the dial up tone that you had to play to send an email?🙄 I get a kick out of explaining some of the old shit to my kids and my 28 year old future ex-wife...🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back