Not Work Safe .

Is this even real? I've seen only 1 towed jumper and he was a fucking trauma alert/TBI.

If that's me and I survive, either pulled in or cut, I'm looking for jumpmaster blood.
WTF...dude is dangling in the wind and someone's first thought is to pull out their phone and record it rather than take action to resolve the problem?

Is this even real? I've seen only 1 towed jumper and he was a fucking trauma alert/TBI.

If that's me and I survive, either pulled in or cut, I'm looking for jumpmaster blood.
WTF...dude is dangling in the wind and someone's first thought is to pull out their phone and record it rather than take action to resolve the problem?
Sounds like a gal. She could be underweight. We had one guy that was always a towed jumper every time he jumped Hollywood. Combat equip he said was fine, Hollywood... nope.

It's real. The story I've seen is that dude got hung up on his equipment and activated his own reserve before being retrieved. No major injuries somehow.

It's probably a gopro video that got leaked. Our jumpmasters/safeties usually wear them specifically to do after action reviews on stuff like this

It's real. The story I've seen is that dude got hung up on his equipment and activated his own reserve before being retrieved. No major injuries somehow.

It's probably a gopro video that got leaked. Our jumpmasters/safeties usually wear them specifically to do after action reviews on stuff like this

REDDIT isn't always right!!! :thumbsup:

2016 DOC from the School House, covering SERJTE Brief page 83:

(f) Towed Jumper Procedures. If you become a towed jumper and are being towed
by your modified and are unconscious; you will be retrieved back inside the aircraft. If you are
conscious, maintain a good tight body position with both hands covering your ripcord handle
and an attempt will be made to retrieve you inside the aircraft. As you near the paratroop door,
DO NOT REACH FOR US, continue to protect your ripcord handle. If you cannot be retrieved,
your universal static line modified will be cut. Once you feel yourself falling free from the

aircraft, immediately activate your reserve parachute using the pull drop method. If you are
being towed by your equipment, regardless of whether you are conscious or unconscious, that
item of equipment will be cut or jogged free, and your main canopy will deploy

A good JM/Pilot Brief and an experienced DZ team will be the difference between a safe recovery or a safety stand down.

This jumper was not maintaining ripcord awareness but was clearly conscious. Due to these 2 facts 99 times out of 100 this Static line is getting cut and he's owing the RIGGERS alot of BEER.

The REDDIT poster also says he was towed for over 90 seconds. I have to assume this 90 seconds was the A/C increasing altitude and doing a tight Racetrack (or a 180 based on routing) to get back over the DZ, as discussed in JM/Pilot brief. Once all parties are comfortable, break out the dull pocket knife!!!!

I don't Think this was an activation while still being towed but a text book cut and pull.

Just my thoughts on the matter!

8-)

Last edited:
REDDIT isn't always right!!! :thumbsup:

A good JM/Pilot Brief and an experienced DZ team will be the difference between a safe recovery or a safety stand down.

This jumper was not maintaining ripcord awareness but was clearly conscious. Due to these 2 facts 99 times out of 100 this Static line is getting cut and he's owing the RIGGERS alot of BEER.

The REDDIT poster also says he was towed for over 90 seconds. I have to assume this 90 seconds was the A/C increasing altitude and doing a tight Racetrack (or a 180 based on routing) to get back over the DZ, as discussed in JM/Pilot brief. Once all parties are comfortable, break out the dull pocket knife!!!!

I don't Think this was an activation while still being towed but a text book cut and pull.

Just my thoughts on the matter!

8-)
That reddit post is just the first "round-up post" I found. Here's the original post from the jumpmaster.

Link to the Instagram post

Last edited:
Back