82nd Airborne jumping in Ft. Bragg - pix

Ravage

running up that hill
080618f4860d017ra3.jpg

Army Soldiers watch as two C-17 Globemaster IIIs prepare to drop paratroopers during Joint Forcible Entry Exercise June 18 at Fort Bragg, N.C. The Joint Forcible Entry Exercise is a joint airdrop designed to enhance service cohesiveness between Army and Air Force members, allowing both services an opportunity to properly execute large-scale heavy equipment and troop movement.
(U.S. Air Force photo/Staff Sgt. Rasheen A. Douglas)
080618f5964b037uy7.jpg

Paratroopers from the 82nd Airborne Division jump from a C-130 Hercules during Joint Forcible Entry Exercise June 18 at Fort Bragg, N.C. The exercise is a joint airdrop exercise designed to enhance service cohesiveness between Army and Air Force members, allowing both services an opportunity to properly execute large-scale heavy equipment and troop movement.
(U.S. Air Force photo/Staff Sgt. Jacob N. Bailey)
080618f5964b214fd0.jpg

Paratroopers from the 82nd Airborne Division jump from a C-17 Globemaster III during Joint Forcible Entry Exercise June 18 at Fort Bragg, N.C. The exercise is a joint airdrop exercise designed to enhance service cohesiveness between Army and Air Force members, allowing both services an opportunity to properly execute large-scale heavy equipment and troop movement.
080618f5964b234hv6.jpg

Paratroopers from the 82nd Airborne Division jump from a C-17 Globemaster III during Joint Forcible Entry Exercise June 18 at Fort Bragg, N.C. The exercise is a joint airdrop exercise designed to enhance service cohesiveness between Army and Air Force members, allowing both services an opportunity to properly execute large-scale heavy equipment and troop movement.
080618f5964b258dk2.jpg

Paratroopers from the 82nd Airborne Division move toward a rally point after jumping from a C-17 Globemaster III during Joint Forcible Entry Exercise June 18 at Fort Bragg, N.C. The exercise is a joint airdrop exercise designed to enhance service cohesiveness between Army and Air Force members, allowing both services an opportunity to properly execute large-scale heavy equipment and troop movement.
080618f5964b089cy6.jpg

82nd Airborne Division Soldiers gather to watch a personnel drop during Joint Forcible Entry Exercise June 18 at the Holland Drop Zone at Fort Bragg, N.C. The exercise is a joint airdrop exercise designed to enhance service cohesiveness between Army and Air Force members, allowing both services an opportunity to properly execute large-scale heavy equipment and troop movement.

Thanks for posting those pics Rav !

Brings back many memories of good times, good Brothers, and serving my country.

Thank you.

Thanks, Rav!

Although, I'm wondering which DZ that tower is on. I'm sure it's been built since I left in '02. Prolly Sicily or Holland. They were "re-doing" Holland when I left....so that's my bet.

one more pic :)

hires_080618-F-3759D-984a.jpg

Paratroopers jump from a C-17 Globemaster III during a joint exercise, June 18, 2008, at Fort Bragg, N.C. The exercise enhances cohesiveness between services, allowing an opportunity to move large-scale heavy equipment and troops. The paratroopers are assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division.
U.S. Air Force Staff Sgt. Joshua DeMotts

Still 82nd but a bit different story...

29fbcq9.jpg

2ilxme.jpg

2zdu0s0.jpg

2lik382.jpg

33wxr1y.jpg

Family and friends welcome approximately 300 Paratroopers from the 82nd Airborne Division's 1st Brigade Combat Team as they return to Fort Bragg July 13, 2008 in Fayetteville, North Carolina. The unit's area of operations spanned across western, central and southern Iraq, and over the course of a 13-month deployment. The 1st BCT suffered 8 soldiers' deaths.

Again, great pics, Rav.

GEN Shelton used to like to say that Ft. Bragg is the center of the universe. I always preferred wearing the maroon beret.

Rav, those are impressive photos!

Brought a better perspective for me just seeing the scale of paratrooper exiting an aircraft.

The sensory impact of soldiers returning home to the arms of their elated families brought more than a few tears here.

Again not Ft. Bragg but the 82nd never-the-less

main.php

U.S. Army Soldiers assigned to weapons squad, 1st Platoon, C Company, 1st Battalion, 504th Parachute Infantry Regiment, pose for a photo before patrolling Rusafa, Baghdad, Iraq. Photo by Staff Sgt. Jason Bailey.

This time from Pope Air Force Base

hires_081021-F-7478C-170a.jpg

U.S. Army soldiers receive pre-jump training during a joint forcible entry exercise at Pope Air Force Base, N.C., Oct. 21, 2008.
U.S. Air Force photo by Senior Airman Kamaile Chan

hires_081021-F-3873G-471a.jpg

U.S. Army soldiers assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division wait to have their rigging and gear inspected by jump masters during a joint forcible entry exercise on Pope Air Force Base, N.C., Oct. 21, 2008. U.S. Air Force photo by Tech. Sgt. William Greer

hires_081021-F-3873G-463a.jpg

U.S. Army Master Sgt. Jeffrey Tyler checks Spc. Edwin Tyren's gear and rigging during a joint forcible entry exercise on Pope Air Force Base, N.C., Oct. 21, 2008. Tyler is a jump master assigned to Headquarters and Headquarters Battalion, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 319th Airborne Field Artillery Regiment, 82nd Airborne Division. U.S. Air Force photo by Tech. Sgt. William Greer

hires_081021-F-6350L-0347a.jpg

U.S. Army soldiers assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division get ready to board a C-130 Hercules aircraft during a joint forcible entry exercise on Pope Air Force Base, N.C., Oct. 21, 2008. U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Angelita Lawrence

hires_081021-F-3873G-756a.jpg

U.S. Army soldiers assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division get ready to board a C-130 Hercules aircraft during a joint forcible entry exercise on Pope Air Force Base, N.C., Oct. 21, 2008. U.S. Air Force photo by Tech. Sgt. William Greer

hires_081021-F-6350L-0382a.jpg

U.S. Army soldiers assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division get ready to board a C-130 Hercules aircraft during a joint forcible entry exercise on Pope Air Force Base, N.C., Oct. 21, 2008. U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Angelita Lawrence

hires_081021-F-3873G-906a.jpg

U.S. Army soldiers assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division parachute from a C-130 Hercules aircraft during a joint forcible entry exercise on Pope Air Force Base, N.C., Oct. 21, 2008. U.S. Air Force photo by Tech. Sgt. William Greer

hires_081021-F-1644L-196a.jpg

Heavy equipment floats to the ground from a C-130 Hercules prior to U.S. Army soldiers assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division jump for a night airdrop on a Fort Bragg drop zone during a joint forcible entry exercise on Pope Air Force Base, N.C., Oct. 21, 2008.
U.S. Air Force photo by Tech. Sgt. Jeremy T. Lock

My wife still says there was nothing scarier than being on the DZ during a night drop... just hearing a couple planes fly overhead, then a couple minutes later being suprised by a squad of Rangers moving to their ORP... scared the ever living shit out of her :)

And pardon a web-footed Marine for asking the purpose of the geometric shapes taped to the sides of the helmet. For recognition?

Back