Adult Beverage Mega Thread: Scotch/Whiskey/Rum/Vodka/Etc

I agree, I'm more of a scotch guy. Lagavulin, Laphroaig, and Ardbeg are my go-to drams. The Balvenie Caribbean Cask is also amazing. For bourbon I like the Eagle Rare 10 Year and anything by Knob Creek.

I like Laphroaig, Caol Isla, Oban, and Edradour (especially the port wood cask). I'll have to give that Balvenie a try sometime.

Not much for bourbon myself. Like a good rum and whisky though. Very partial to a glass of good cognac too.

I cringed reading Jack Daniels. Had a bad night once upon time with a bottle of Jack haven't and won't touch that stuff again.

I'm primarily a vodka drinker when I do drink liquor, but did enjoy a glass of Makers Mark for "sipping" events a few times.

Last edited:
What are some good rare Bourbons you recommend.....?

Pappy Van Winkle, Blanton's, Willie's Distillery Small Batch Bourbon (hard to find outside of SW Montana, RGR/SF guy started and owns it), OOLA Bourbon, Elijah Craig, Bookers, Bulleit, Hudson, Weller, Buffalo Trace.... there are a lot of really good Bourbons out there.

Bourbon is ok for nights with the boys when the Molson runs out.

I've always preferred Scottish whisky and, with a wife who grew up on a distillery in Speyside, have tried 'em all.

Macallan is best overall.

Try some Bushmills Irish Whiskey some day. http://www.bushmills.com/.

Having done an intensive comparison between Jameson and Bushmills or Jameson Black Barrel Reserve and Bushmills Black Bush:
1. Bushmills is 2 for 2.
2. "Black Bush" is an awesome name compared to "Black Barrel Reserve"

Bushmills Irish Honey is okay, but not my favorite. I use Jameson for Irish Coffee or to mix with Bailey's but sip Bushmills. The down side to Bushmills is Jameson outsells it by a billion to one so finding it in a store or restaurant is harder than Jameson's.

Probably no surprise here, I like my Canadian whiskey; Crown Royal.

(So, maybe all its songs do sound the same. I happen to like that tune. :ROFLMAO::rolleyes:)

Pappy Van Winkle, Blanton's, Willie's Distillery Small Batch Bourbon (hard to find outside of SW Montana, RGR/SF guy started and owns it), OOLA Bourbon, Elijah Craig, Bookers, Bulleit, Hudson, Weller, Buffalo Trace.... there are a lot of really good Bourbons out there.

Pappy is really overrated, but I love Blanton's. If you can find it, Elmer T Lee is my absolute favorite drinking bourbon.

Back