Adult Beverage Mega Thread: Scotch/Whiskey/Rum/Vodka/Etc

Due to this thread I have expanded my tastes. I had some Bush-mills but it is a bit harsh.

I do toast to @Red Flag 1 for the recommendation.:thumbsup:

Due to this thread I have expanded my tastes. I had some Bush-mills but it is a bit harsh.

I do toast to @Red Flag 1 for the recommendation.:thumbsup:

Bushmills harsh?:-o:wall: Are you a friggin marshmallow? :hmm::thumbsdown: Bushmills is not harsh at all - one ice cube, wait 5 min for the clouding to appear and the buried flavors/aromas to develop, and it is as smooth as an angel's song.:thumbsup::rolleyes::D

Can we ban @Marine0311 for being a wimpy Marine and dissing on the Bushmills? Or we could change his name to Nancy0311....:wall::wall::wall:

Bushmills harsh?:-o:wall: Are you a friggin marshmallow? :hmm::thumbsdown: Bushmills is not harsh at all - one ice cube, wait 5 min for the clouding to appear and the buried flavors/aromas to develop, and it is as smooth as an angel's song.:thumbsup::rolleyes::D

Can we ban @Marine0311 for being a wimpy Marine and dissing on the Bushmills? Or we could change his name to Nancy0311....:wall::wall::wall:

Haha. I will try that.

So nice to hear from yet another convert:thumbsup:.

I had some Bush-mills but it is a bit harsh.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Choke yourself. Even Jameson's black is swill compared to Bushmill's and Bushmill's black is called "Black Bush." The name alone makes it a winner.

Choke yourself. I should ban you. We can tolerate that Commie McDeath character, but this cannot stand.

On the Scotch side of things I've enjoyed Oban 14y the most. Still haven't gained a taste for any bourbon

What the fuck is wrong with you? Choke yourself. Even Jameson's black is swill compared to Bushmill's and Bushmill's black is called "Black Bush." The name alone makes it a winner.

Choke yourself. I should ban you. We can tolerate that Commie McDeath character, but this cannot stand.

I apologize for my infraction and will hone my bushmills drinking skills.

When I win the lottery I'm gonna buy me a $1500 bottle of Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve, have it certified non-counterfeit, sit down with my Shadowspear shot glass, and start a-sippin. I'm told I'll see rainbows, unicorns, and feel like my liver just got massaged by 72 vestal virgins. 8-)

I found that Glenlivet 12 year is pretty smooth, so much so that you don't even need ice. I'm not a fan of harsh tasting alcohols, found myself drifting toward Scottish whiskeys.

Glenlivet/Davis, Nadurra

When I win the lottery I'm gonna buy me a $1500 bottle of Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve, have it certified non-counterfeit, sit down with my Shadowspear shot glass, and start a-sippin. I'm told I'll see rainbows, unicorns, and feel like my liver just got massaged by 72 vestal virgins. 8-)

You need to try Willie's Distillery Big Sky bourbon... Willie is a former 3rd Bn Ranger and got better and became an 18D.... he grew up making fortified corn squeezin's in Appalachian Blue Ridge Mountains NC... small batch, lovingly made, proudly by a US Combat Veteran who knows his stuff.

(I miss being able to merge posts....)

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to try Willie's Distillery Big Sky bourbon... Willie is a former 3rd Bn Ranger and got better and became an 18D.... he grew up making fortified corn squeezin's in Appalachian Blue Ridge Mountains NC... small batch, lovingly made, proudly by a US Combat Veteran who knows his stuff.

(I miss being able to merge posts....)

I see he's out of Montana. If I can find it around here and can afford it, I'll definitely try it. :thumbsup:

(Try merging threads with your thoughts...like bending a spoon with mind power. :D:D)

I am not sure if I should create a new thread or maybe add on to this thread so.....what does everyone else drink in terms of other liquors like run, vodka, etc?

I am not sure if I should create a new thread or maybe add on to this thread so.....what does everyone else drink in terms of other liquors like run, vodka, etc?

I can use my uninhibited admin powers for the good of you commoners and rename the thread.

Had a shot for free not to long ago. It is good but not $1500 good. Bourbon is like buying wine. Doubling the price does not mean it is twice as good.

Back