Adult Beverage Mega Thread: Scotch/Whiskey/Rum/Vodka/Etc

I can use my uninhibited admin powers for the good of you commoners and rename the thread.
I was thinking that rather than rename the thread, we should get it back on track.

The OP is Bourbon, somehow a grand Irish Whiskey surfaced:rolleyes:, and they are as far apart as you can get.

So, back to Bourbon, shall we;-).

Bacardi or Sailor Jerry and Coke (not "soda" or "pop" like you Yankee heathens call it, but actual Coca-Cola) or vodka and cranberry. The vodka can pretty much be anything decent. Skyy, Smirnoff, Absolut...doesn't matter. Mixed drinks started because of poor quality alcohol during Prohibition anyway. Bushmill's is the only thing I'll drink straight, anything else is some type of mixed drink.

Whiskey:

Bushmills

I like shots of Fireball (Cinnamon flavor)

Jameson.

Rum

Jack Daniels, JD Honey, Bacardi and Coke.

No Tequila.

Vodka. Tito's usually, Pan Tadeusz when I can get my hands on it. Zybrowka and apple juice - goes down smooth and fast, then suddenly you find your legs don't work when you try to get up to take a leak.

Currently on a Dark n' Stormy kick - Gosling's Black Seal rum and Gosling's ginger beer. Don't fuck around and waste your time with any other brands - it just isn't the same.

I'm a big bourbon fan. Not a fancy pants bourbon drinker mind you but I like what I like. I did the bourbon trail when I went to the Cavalry Leaders course at Fort Knox. My favorite was the Elijah Craig 18 from heaven hill distillery. I remember some colorful local gentleman there counseling me that I could procure some "Rebel Yell" at a fraction of the cost but in my opinion it tasted like flaming water in a plastic jug.

"Military" gin and vodka (separately of course) run through a charcoal water filter 4 times. Filters out the impurities and ends up tasting like top shelf hooch at half the cost.

Makes some kick ass martinis.

Whiskey: Crown Royal
Rum: Captain Morgan
Vodka: Ketel One
Tequila: Jose 1800 if it's around. If not, Gold will do.

Grey Goose Vodka, on the rocks with a twist of lime. You can add a splash of sprite if it's too strong.

Firefly Sweet tea Vodka, on the rocks. Add a splash of water if it too sweet or too strong.

Crown Royal Honey, on the rocks with a splash of water or coke.

Crown Royal Apple, on the rocks with a splash of sprite or 7up, or shoot it like a shot.

Wild Turkey American Honey, on the rocks. Don't add anything, stuff is just good. My wife and I killed a bottle of it last night.

Bourbon - Knob Creek. (neat)

Scotch - Glenlivet Nadurra 16 Year Old Cask Strength Single Malt

Vodka. Tito's usually, Pan Tadeusz when I can get my hands on it. Zybrowka and apple juice - goes down smooth and fast, then suddenly you find your legs don't work when you try to get up to take a leak.

Currently on a Dark n' Stormy kick - Gosling's Black Seal rum and Gosling's ginger beer. Don't fuck around and waste your time with any other brands - it just isn't the same.

Appleton's Black Molasses rum or Mount Gay Barbados Dark rum... even the regular munt Gay Barbados Rum. No jokes on the name of the latter, it's named after the highest hill on the Island of Barbados, NOT Rakasa Kotor's preferences...

In my younger years, I used to do Mezcal shooters with lemon, no salt, but I never ate the worm. I don't even know if the worm in the bottle is a real worm or a fake worm but one of my buddies always ate the worm and I think he's still alive.

I used to make bets with guys that I could eat the worm before them. Dudes would chug away, and I'd laugh my ass off. Plug the bottle with your tongue, turn the bottle up until the worm floats to the bottom and and suck the worm out. I've gotten a many of people drunk doing that and normally win enough from the bet to pay for the night. Mezcal, although I don't prefer it as a tequila, I've drank enough of it to own shares.

I also have another bet that involves Tabasco sauce.:-o:ack::sneaky:

Last edited:
Appleton's Black Molasses rum or Mount Gay Barbados Dark rum... even the regular munt Gay Barbados Rum. No jokes on the name of the latter, it's named after the highest hill on the Island of Barbados, NOT Rakasa Kotor's preferences...

Heeeeyyyyyy!

Back