Adult Beverage Mega Thread: Scotch/Whiskey/Rum/Vodka/Etc

I have not been talking to the devil much as I am prepping for selection.
However, stopped by the store for a bitter hoppy beverage, and remembered this thread.
I have always been a Jameson fan, with the occasional indulgence of a 12 yr single malt.
Bushmills beats the pants off of any other Irish in that price range.
Thank you gentlemen.

Scotch: Lagavulin 16, Laphroaig 18 & Quarter Cask, Balvenie Caribbean Cask, and anything by Ardbeg.
Whiskey: Bulleit bourbon, Jack Daniels Single Barrel, Jack Daniels Rye, Makers 46, Eagle Rare, and Deer Camp Whiskey which is from a small craft distiller in Northern Michigan. It's about three hours from where I live so I usually buy a case every time I go. The stuff is unreal.

When I'm feeling like getting my Charlie Sheen on I'll mix Jaeger and Monster together and hope nothing bad happens to me that night.

I have always been a Jameson fan, with the occasional indulgence of a 12 yr single malt.
Bushmills beats the pants off of any other Irish in that price range.
Thank you gentlemen.

YOU SEE THAT, @Marine0311?!?!?!?!!? From @Red Flag 1 to the rest of us, now another convert joins the fold. You're the Hillary Clinton of whiskey drinkers, Marine. Let me guess, you have a still in your bathroom, right?

JOIN THE SHADOWSPEAR BUSHMILLS REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU SEE THAT, @Marine0311?!?!?!?!!? From @Red Flag 1 to the rest of us, now another convert joins the fold. You're the Hillary Clinton of whiskey drinkers, Marine. Let me guess, you have a still in your bathroom, right?

LOL:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. They are slow to learn, but once they get it, BUSHMILLS RULES!!!!!

Last edited:

I see the error of my ways and request mercy from The Court.

Had a glass of this last night, I liked it.

Lone Star 1835 Texas Bourbon • Cherry

Not sure exactly which one I was drinking, and keep in mind I'd already had 3 Crowns on the rocks, but it was distinctly smoother than the crown. The dude that offered it to me, was feeding me some bullshit about it being same recipe as what was common amongst the Alamo defender's. Not sure I am buying into that shit, but it was good and made for interesting conversation.

I have today tried and love Bushmills 1608. I have converted to The House Of Bushmills.

#merica.

So I have found a new scotch. We have a family friend who recently moved here from Scotland; of course everything we drink in the states is "shit" compared to the homeland. We got into a debate about Isle of Jura...he says one of the best scotches he's tasted is the 16 year, and is not available to America, only casked if you visit Scotland .

Fuck that I said, I'll find it online! And then I sat thru a 5 minute lecture about how I am the reason the rest of the world hates Americans...we don't accept "no".

Bottom line, I found it online, ordered it, and he was pissed. like really pissed. Until I told him I would wait til spring to open it and share it with him, along with a very nice cigar.

I bought it, anyone have any experience with it?

To add - there is nothing better than a funnier than a Scottish dude swearing at you!

To add part 2: I had no idea of the near religious significance of the kilt. That was actually pretty interesting.

Last edited:
So I have found a new scotch. We have a family friend who recently moved here from Scotland; of course everything we drink in the states is "shit" compared to the homeland. We got into a debate about Isle of Jura...he says one of the best scotches he's tasted is the 16 year, and is not available to America, only casked if you visit Scotland .

Fuck that I said, I'll find it online! And then I sat thru a 5 minute lecture about how I am the reason the rest of the world hates Americans...we don't accept "no".

Bottom line, I found it online, ordered it, and he was pissed. like really pissed. Until I told him I would wait til spring to open it and share it with him, along with a very nice cigar.

I bought it, anyone have any experience with it?

To add - there is nothing better than a funnier than a Scottish dude swearing at you!
To add part 2: I had no idea of the near religious significance of the kilt. That was actually pretty interesting.

I hung out with some Scottish troops back in 03-04, I spent most of the time looking at them funny and telling them "wait, what, say that again". Good dudes though, they fucked with me and a buddy for our Texas draw, which everyone knows is bullshit, because down here in Texas we speaks right, everyone else is just doing it wrong.

How'd I miss this thread previously?!

Scotch...when I'm drinking by myslef, Glenmorangie 18yr Extremely Rare; Nectar of the fucking gods! Even their standard 18yr is friggin solid; smooooooth.

But with my buddies, Jeremiah Weed (bourbon, if you want to call it that)...and not the fancy one either. ;-)

Last edited:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: OMG that is hysterical! (I can hear Billy Connolly now.)
I love that this guy hit it on the head. It would never occur to me that not accepting "no" would be a reason to dislike someone. And he's right! I teach my kids to have plans B, C, and possibly D. Those of you who know me well, know I love doing/finding things for people who think it cannot be done. I must say this once a week in one form or another: "Everything is possible. The question is, what does it take to stop you?"

Not to derail the thread but this was just a real eye opener this morning.

Back