Adult Beverage Mega Thread: Scotch/Whiskey/Rum/Vodka/Etc

@SpongeBob*24 sent me his picture, but I found one online to share. Bushmills Black Bush w/ two ice balls molds (yes, my inner 12 YO laughed at "black bush" and "ice balls") set.

12586.jpg

I love me some beer, and I dated a sommelier so I have a refined palate for wine, and historically I don't drink much liquor. That said, my wife's nephew bought me some Woodford Reserve last month for my birthday, and that is right tasty. I will be happy if that's all I have to drink.

The past couple of months I went through a bottle of Buffalo's Trace, Leadslingers, Maker's Mark Cask Strength, and also Larceny.
1. Buffalo's Trace was pretty tasteful but nothing really stood out to me about it.
2. Leadslingers was great but also nothing really stood out to me.
3. Maker's Mark Cask Strength had just that, some strength! Very good though.
4. Larceny was fantastic. Had a very woody taste which I liked a lot. Still actually working on the bottle and I am definitely going to purchase another afterward.
The fact about all of them I do love is they are all affordable with the exception of the Maker's Mark Cask Strength being a little pricey.

1. Knob Creek
2. Woodford Reserve
3. Maker's Mark
4. Bulleit Bourbon

3 & 4 are kind of tied for me. I think that Maker's is a bit more robust.
I would insert Buffalo Trace in front of Maker's Mark.

This stuff is good, I got it as a Christmas gift.

Attachments

• IMG_20170106_181446.jpg
    IMG_20170106_181446.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Bottles on Hand
1. Knob Creek
2. Bulleitt 10 Year
3. EH Taylor Small Batch Bonded
4. Willetts Pot Still
5. Bookers
6. Pappy Van Winkle 2012 20 yr (sealed)

Pretty sure I have like three or four others, but everything is in storage at the girl's parents house until we find a new spot.

Bookers is gasoline. I haven't been able to find Blantons in a bit...will all the drunks stop buying it, I'd like to get my own.

Other Whiskeys:

Johnny Walker Blue (Sealed)
Laphroaig 12
Pendleton

Back