Adult Beverage Mega Thread: Scotch/Whiskey/Rum/Vodka/Etc

Holy smokes.

Last night the guy hosting the Mayweather fight put out his best scotches to pair with our cigars.
I was able to partake in more than my fair share of Balvenie 21 Yr Port Wood scotch. Suddenly my Glenlivet does not appeal to me quite as much anymore....LOL

Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 9.14.04 AM.png

I've been doing a bottle of the HBO GoT red blend for each episode so far. Went to the liquor store yesterday and the chick had set aside their last bottle of it, figuring I would be in to buy it. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Is she the red priestess....??!?!?!!:-":D:blkeye:;-):ninja:

518cec6a72ae6cd28015dff02522d2eb--red-priestess-melisandre.jpg

If she was, it would be real awkward to explain to my wife why Melisandre is suddenly living with us.

Staples for the cabinet... but Makers is my go to.

20170827_205625.jpg

Can only afford Mac 21 (Sherry Cask) 1 shot at a time, it is one of the best.

If she was, it would be real awkward to explain to my wife why Melisandre is suddenly living with us.

I'm fine with that convo in the house, but think mine would be more favorable with Lena Headey or Rose...whatever the redheaded wildling is named.

As much as I enjoyed the Balvenie 21, I didn't like it enough to want to spend $200. The scotch guy at Total Wine recommended Grangestone, which I have to admit I am not familiar with.

Going to give this 18 a try in a bit, and if I really like it I'll give the 21 a shot.

18-tube-and-bottle.png

I'm telling ya, brother...go pick up a Glenmorangie 10y for everyday ($35), 18y Extremely Rare ($100) or Nectar d'Or ($85) for better occasions. It'll change your life.

I spent about 4 years tending bar in a fine restaurant--during my college years in my late 30's--and my Bloody Mary's were renowned. Spicy, a little hot, with celery, top shelf vodka and a jumbo grilled shrimp on the rim.

Not the best thing while recovering from diverticulitis...but a man can dream.

I'm not a huge fan of the 120 @Ooh-Rah . We carried it on tap for awhile at some of our establishments, but the flavor just wasn't as good as the 90. Basically, felt like the age old case of pushing it too far. In the end, I'm always going to go for Hopalicuos from Ale Asylum when looking for hops done brilliantly.

I'm not a huge fan of the 120 @Ooh-Rah . We carried it on tap for awhile at some of our establishments, but the flavor just wasn't as good as the 90. Basically, felt like the age old case of pushing it too far. In the end, I'm always going to go for Hopalicuos from Ale Asylum when looking for hops done brilliantly.

I'm going to try it this weekend, and if too much I'll save the last 3 bottles to enjoy with cigars. Double the alcohol content vs. the 9% of the 90 so I imagine it is a sipper. Thanks for the review, I really appreciate it.

Back