Adult Beverage Mega Thread: Scotch/Whiskey/Rum/Vodka/Etc

Bushmill's Prohibition:

I'd skip this one unless you want something different or a tie-in to the Peaky Blinders. Compared to the modern Bushmills, Prohibition has more bite and a more aggressive taste. There are notes of...this isn't that kind of review because I'm not that kind of guy.

I'm glad I tried the Prohibition version, but I won't have another drink from that source of alternative fuel. The taste is bargain basement and bears little resemblance to the current version. The higher proof absent any other benefits means your throat will take a beating for little gain; ask your mom, she knows what that's like.

I'm taking a hard pass, but YMMV.

Angel's Envy:

Pretty good, but a bit sweet for my taste. It reminds me of...I think it is Four Roses, but this has a slightly better flavor with the same sweetness. Personally, I rank it with Bulleit, but behind Elijah Craig or Knob Creek. I'll gladly drink it, but prefer other libations in line with my palate.

Angel's Envy:

Pretty good, but a bit sweet for my taste. It reminds me of...I think it is Four Roses, but this has a slightly better flavor with the same sweetness. Personally, I rank it with Bulleit, but behind Elijah Craig or Knob Creek. I'll gladly drink it, but prefer other libations in line with my palate.
Tried all of'em and mostly agree. I'll take Maker's over all of these.

Last week at the league office we had our vision meeting. All of our remote workers were on site and we some old fashioned all day conference room type shit. Was almost as bad(great?) as being in the plans cell at 1AD. Well after team dinner I brought everyone over for a Whiskey Night. Did a brief lesson about bourbon, types if whiskey, fun time.

Castle & Key Bourbon Batch 2
Smoke Wagon Small Batch
Garrison Balmorhea 2021
Balcones Blue Corn Bourbon 2019
Garrison Cowboy 2020
George T Stagg 2019 (Fresh Crack, because great whiskey is only as good as the people you share it with)

Also gave two friends a small pour of a Holmes Cay 17 yr old HAZMAT singel barrel rum.

Easily the most productive part of the week.

Angel's Envy:

Angle's Envy is my new go to for sure. Hard to find but not impossible.

My buddy likes this:

MICH.jpg

I cooked so much food we never got into it so I have no review. Any of you try or like it?

8-)

Bourbon collection is all but gone. Lost a sizeable 401k amount to my liver. No regrets.

Moving to wine now. Was told I can ship back only what is considered personal use, which the record is a little over 800 bottles of wine. Lots of really good wine around 2 euro. The stuff around 14 Euro is amazing. Have a goal to reach now too.

Angle's Envy is my new go to for sure. Hard to find but not impossible.

My buddy likes this:

View attachment 40544

I cooked so much food we never got into it so I have no review. Any of you try or like it?

8-)

It's solid. I usually buy this for friends because the label is nice. Their barrel strength Rye is ridiculous. Their toasted bourbon limited release is always ridiculous.

Anyone try this before? Calumet Single Rack Black 15 year.

Received as a birthday gift yesterday, but I’m not familiar with it.

67432014-AD21-43E4-83C2-D416352FD376.jpeg

Back