Adult Beverage Mega Thread: Scotch/Whiskey/Rum/Vodka/Etc

Never been a Vodka drinker...
A couple of weeks ago me and the wife went to visit some friends. At dinner one night her best friend from high school ordered a Cosmopolitan - my wife loved it. Then over the weekend, she had a Vodka tonic - and made me try it.
...so now, we have a bottle of Kettle One vodka in our cabinet.

Just sayin'

A couple of weeks ago me and the wife went to visit some friends. At dinner one night her best friend from high school ordered a Cosmopolitan - my wife loved it. Then over the weekend, she had a Vodka tonic - and made me try it.

Just sayin'

Sounds like you have the ick. Gin if you really need a clear spirit!

Just sayin'

I liked Chopin for a vodka. It actually has some character to it. A little more pricey, but if you go the martini route, you'll thank me.

For your cosmos and tonics, however, Ketel One is great.

Just sayin'
In the cabinet? *Facepalm*

Freezer. In the freezer!

Try this Bloody Mary recipe. I bartended for two years and it was a hit with all the customers and employees. Still requested by family members. Start with the premium Vodka of your choice. 1/2 glass of ice. Use only Mr & Mrs T's Original Bloody Mary Mix. A healthy splash of Worcestershire, 3-4 drops of tabasco, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper. Garnish with a fresh celery stalk. I used to garnish my professional Bloodies with a jumbo grilled shrimp.

It's like a meal.

Try this Bloody Mary recipe. I bartended for two years and it was a hit with all the customers and employees. Still requested by family members. Start with the premium Vodka of your choice. 1/2 glass of ice. Use only Mr & Mrs T's Original Bloody Mary Mix. A healthy splash of Worcestershire, 3-4 drops of tabasco, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper. Garnish with a fresh celery stalk. I used to garnish my professional Bloodies with a jumbo grilled shrimp.

It's like a meal.
I had a V8 earlier😀

The wife and I met some ol' buds at a bar last night. I rarely break from Makers Mark, but tried me some Jameson Orange last night. The first two shots were delicious, but that's all I remember....
View attachment 43964
Add a shot of the Jameson orange and a shot of Irish cream to a piping hot cup of coffee. Not a traditional Irish coffee, but damn is it good on a cold morning.

Four Walls, another celebrity beverage, this time from the actors of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

I did not know any of this when I bought a bottle. The description of "Made with a blend of Irish whiskeys and American rye whiskey" at $30 a pop was intriguing enough to try without breaking the bank. At worst I figured I had something to mix with a coffee after dinner.

I rather like Four Walls and put it on the same level as the original Bushmills.

I'm not a "hints of vanilla with other bullshit goes here" kind of guy, but I can say the rye is subtle and it all works. I'd place it as an A Tier (on my scale) with the original Bushmills. Bushmills Red Bush and Redbreast 12 are S Tier. Tullamore Dew is B Tier with Bushmills Black Bush and Jameson.

As celebrity spirits go, Four Walls isn't bad. Ryan Reynolds' Aviator gin is a pretty good for mixing, especially for a gin and tonic, but Gordons is cheaper. YMMV

If you like Irish whiskey, FW is worth a shot.

Since it's winter I've been drinking a lot of Rye Whiskey. I'd finished a bottle of Sagamore Double Oaked a few weeks back. If I was one of those guys with only 50 bottles I'd go out and buy another...but I'm an idiot.

Last night my FIL and I shared some pours. I finally killed off a bottle of Starlight Double Oaked that was picked by a club I'm in. Incredible stuff coming from them if you like craft...great distillery in Indiana that is not MGP. Then we also had two Rye's that were sourced from MGP. A Malted Rye Single Barrel from Copper Sky at 120 proof. Then had a high corn mash rye Bottled in Bond Rye from Smoke Wagon.

Good night chatting while my wife and MIL were at a romcom.

My favorite honey hole just remodeled and expanded their selection. This is just a quick glance at just the American bourbons and ryes. Dude just priced the Blanton's at $75 a bottle! But I have to come on their grand opening day.
This place is amazing and under new ownership. So if any of you see anything you want let me know. They are on Facebook as 214 Liqours in Farmington Missouri.

image.jpg
View attachment IMG_2188.mov

Back