Afghans kill over Koran burning

Fuck that guy. I'd like to take his church and the Westboro Cocksmokers and lock them in a peat house covered in pitch while the families of the deceased played "Which torch works best?"

You can't yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater and burning the Koran, much as I loathe the Islamic religion, constitutes doing the same thing only myself, others on the board, and hundreds of thousands in Afghanistan and Iraq are sitting around waiting for the pay to begin. Like Mrs. Lincoln, I don't find the play that compeling.

The pastor doesn't take any responsibility for inciting the violence - he blames 'Islamic Radicals'. WTF kind of logic is that? Dude would be the first one to declare a Christian jihad wahadi on their souls and persons if they had burned the Bible and put in on International TV... He's surprised at the consequences of his un thought out display of cosmic stupidity that going to have repercussions that fill the afterlife for years to come?

Would be funny if his church burned down.

Listen to this ignorant BS...

Some church members were surprised by the violent reaction in Afghanistan on Friday, said Fran Ingram, an assistant at the church.

Quote from here... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42386587/ns/us_news-the_new_york_times/

If you're that fucking stupid then fuck you, I won't shed a tear for you if the worst happens.

And I hate Islam.

Who cares, muslims burn/deface Bible's all the time. I am not worked up over a koran burning, just wonder if it had gold leaf on it, and was the gold recovered.

Who cares, muslims burn/deface Bible's all the time. I am not worked up over a koran burning,

I couldn't care less that a Koran was burned. The issue for me is that we know people are going to be hurt, most likely our people in retaliation for the burning.
Personally I'd advocate machine gunning the protesting crowds (if they became violent) in A'stan but that's just me.

We cannot allow the fear of violence to cloud the issue at hand; the only people to blame for the killings are the ones who committed the acts.

At the end of the day, this was an American, in America, exercising his rights as an American under the U.S. Constitution. I think the Reverend in this case is an attention whore and that burning the book was a dumb-ass thing for him to do, but it was right to do it. The only people I will cast blame on are the perpetrators and those who put them up to it.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you’d have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion. - SW

And so it goes...

Purple

We cannot allow the fear of violence to cloud the issue at hand; the only people to blame for the killings are the ones who committed the acts.

At the end of the day, this was an American, in America, exercising his rights as an American under the U.S. Constitution. I think the Reverend in this case is an attention whore and that burning the book was a dumb-ass thing for him to do, but it was right to do it. The only people I will cast blame on are the perpetrators and those who put them up to it.

That is very true

Burning any book is wrong; burning a book that will enrage millions of ignorant bastards is just plain stupid.

And so is this.

I think we all can agree that the attack on the UN site and deaths involved weren't justified. I also think we all agree that the retards in Florida have a right to burn the book even if we disagree.

I think xSF hit the nail on the head when he said the same people that burned the Koran would probably be some of the loudest objectors if some mosque in the US did the same "trial" stunt and burned a Bible.

When the event is published on the internet it was meant to offend people. We have troops on the ground in 2 muslim countries and there actions put all of our people at increased risk and makes there job just that much harder. They may have the right to do what they did but they have no good excuses, but to have an excuse you would have to actually accept responsibility for your actions.

The killings may not have been justified but they are certainly the consequences of the churches actions.

I don't need a "good excuse" to exercise my rights as an American citizen, and neither does any other American.

The pastor fails the reasonable man test. Res ispsa loquitor.

I am not arguing anything - just stating a fact - the pastor is a dumbass attention whore who's actions and need to be the center of view may have been the proximate cause for hundreds of death at this point - and possibly thousands in the future. The act was legal, but not prudent. The use of religion as an excuse, is weak at best - who is this dickwad? Zwingli? Luther? Wesley? Calvin? Ras Tafari? No, he's a dumbass redneck with a video camera, lighter fluid, a zippo and a bad attitude with a really bad idea.

I am not arguing anything - just stating a fact - the pastor is a dumbass attention whore who's actions and need to be the center of view may have been the proximate cause for hundreds of death at this point - and possibly thousands in the future. The act was legal, but not prudent. The use of religion as an excuse, is weak at best - who is this dickwad? Zwingli? Luther? Wesley? Calvin? Ras Tafari? No, he's a dumbass redneck with a video camera, lighter fluid, a zippo and a bad attitude with a really bad idea.

Dude you just dimed out half this board

Wow, you are correct, you large ursine authority figure.

I didn't realize I had described my self ... mostly... in the last sentence... but he didn't say, "Here hold my beer and watch this, you are not gonna believe this shit, it's cool..."

He blamed God for his bad idea, kinda like Berkowitz blaming the dog, or Hinkley blaming Jodie Foster.

The board members here blame the lack of control while drinking, and their own selves...

I don't think res ispsa loquitor would apply in this case. I don't think he had a "duty" not to exercise his Constitutional rights, therefore he couldn't "breach" those rights, and I don't think we could make the case that "but for" his Koran burning, people wouldn't have been murdered by insurgents in Afghanistan, because that happens pretty regularly.

That said, I am neither a legal scholar nor did I sleep in a Holiday Inn last night.

We reaaaalllly need to entice a lawyer to become a member of our site... or a member who is already a lawyer and has been keeping quiet about it needs to start chiming in.

Back