AFSOF Pics

MC-130W Aerial Refueling over NM with my homies.

Attachments

• mc130w.jpg
    mc130w.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 134
  • mc130w2.jpg
    mc130w2.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 102
  • mc130w1.jpg
    mc130w1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 96
Thanks for all the awesome pics guys! My son is at Grizzly Youth Academy and graduates from High School this July. Sean plans on joining the Air Force and wants to be a PJ. I periodically peruse your boards to give him inspiration and keep his eye on the prize. My son does not have internet access or even phone access except a 5 minute phone call every two weeks. Mail is his primary form of communication. I am sure he will enjoy these pics! My son is working hard to get fit and can do 100 push ups, but currently he can do 75 pushups in the allotted time. When he gets home he will train hard to excel in all areas of his PAST. as they do not have access to a pool.

I was once in an Air Refueler and able to lay down in the refueling area and check it out with the AF Reserves-Too cool!

Thanks guys for all that you do and for serving our country so bravely!

Tracy

Not bad, not bad . . . . but Talons are better!}:-)

Attachments

• DSC_1778 B.jpg
    DSC_1778 B.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 105
  • DJW_0018 D.jpg
    DJW_0018 D.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0398 B.jpg
    IMG_0398 B.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 86
Hey, we all love Wombats here! I'm just sayin' we do the same job with a forty-five year old airframe and an average crew age of (oddly enough) forty-five.

combat20wombat.jpg

And, to be honest, after a long debrief, some of our guys look like that, minus the grenades.

I'm a ground pounder, but the C-130 (no matter what model) holds a special place in my heart!
Thanks for the thread!

Ah... 130= Noisy inside, the jump seats suck, no place to relieve oneself on long flights, and a wonderful bird...
MC130E (yes, I'm old, STFU) = nice interior decorating, great stereo, nice sound insulation, a built in latrine, and nice toys to confuse one's opponent, and a wonderful bird...

I actually still have my Talon patch from a JSOT, the Echo crew was very, very happy they were not on the E&E roster for that trip, just taxi service :D

Maybe I can actually help with some pics, including a 67 ARRS coin... nunya Rescue Dogs know that outfit, do ya? :doh:

It always brings me a tear of joy to watch a new guy begin the domino effect puke during low levels.

Reading that, I can't help but remember this gem posted by someone else:

"True story, while serving a MTT at Benning, my ODA assisted with IOBC, all LTs, most newly Airborne grads, in their first and 6th jump since BAT.

We conducted a 2 hrs flight NOE, most of the students were feeling slight air sickness. My friend, the ODA Medic gave me a motion sickness bag. Unknowing to others, I had a second bag already filled with a water mushed up MRE. When I turned to relieve myself, I turned around again giving him a 'full' bag of puke. He began gulping the meal, and 20 LTs lost theirs."

}:-)

Great pics, everybody. Special place in my heart for the old pre-Pavelow 53s. And back in my blue-suit days we used to LAPES drop the same jeep over and over again until it was about a foot high. We called it recycling. :D Here's a good LAPES pallet drop pic, wheels down, nose up.

C130lapes.jpg

Reading that, I can't help but remember this gem posted by someone else:

"True story, while serving a MTT at Benning, my ODA assisted with IOBC, all LTs, most newly Airborne grads, in their first and 6th jump since BAT.

We conducted a 2 hrs flight NOE, most of the students were feeling slight air sickness. My friend, the ODA Medic gave me a motion sickness bag. Unknowing to others, I had a second bag already filled with a water mushed up MRE. When I turned to relieve myself, I turned around again giving him a 'full' bag of puke. He began gulping the meal, and 20 LTs lost theirs."

}:-)
Classic move! I have only ever seen it done with clam cowder though.....usually the loadmaster and an extra pilot/load pull it off masterfully. Puking rangers everywhere!

(Sorry dudes, in my enthusiasm for herky pics I posted a non-AFSOC photo on an AFSOC thread. At this point I'm unable to delete it...Mods, feel free to zap it.)

Back