"American Sniper" Book coming out

• Thread starter Deleted member 2517
  • Start date
Almost done with this and I have to say that I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. It got a little old hearing about how SEALs were such amazing and skilled barfighters that would fuck people up at the drop of a hat.

This line in particular: "When you go into a bar, you'll always have someone who will poke a shoulder into you or otherwise imply you should fuck off. Happens in every bar across the world, Most people just ignore things like that. If someone does that to a SEAL, we're going to turn around and knock you out." :rolleyes:

Says the guy who flailed around in the sand and the Pacific ocean in an attempt to be a badass bar fighter/teach others how to do the SEAL slide. :D

Says the guy who flailed around in the sand and the Pacific ocean in an attempt to be a badass bar fighter/teach others how to do the SEAL slide. :D

Lol... Four years ago, that kind of shit would have impressed me and made me want to be a bar-fighting badass too. Now.....not so much.

Almost done with this and I have to say that I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. It got a little old hearing about how SEALs were such amazing and skilled barfighters that would fuck people up at the drop of a hat.

This line in particular: "When you go into a bar, you'll always have someone who will poke a shoulder into you or otherwise imply you should fuck off. Happens in every bar across the world, Most people just ignore things like that. If someone does that to a SEAL, we're going to turn around and knock you out." :rolleyes:

Since I received the book as an SS.com Secret Santa gift :D I didn't want to say...but yeah, that kind of stuff got more than a little old.

There were a few more of those lines that made me roll my eyes.

And the writing was just so...fragmented.

Since I received the book as an SS.com Secret Santa gift :D I didn't want to say...but yeah, that kind of stuff got more than a little old.

There were a few more of those lines that made me roll my eyes.

And the writing was just so...fragmented.

You wouldn't have hurt my feelings. ;) I enjoyed the parts about different missions, but that was about it.

I don't think they were hurting to begin with.

My class started Indoc with like 375 dudes, and most other classes around that time frame ('08) were well over 300 as well. We had so many guys going into 1st phase that they did a run/swim/o-course equation and rolled back the slowest 100 people just to make the class more manageable.

51UlBaYXVmL._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_AA115_.jpg
51IsBrm2G5L._AA115_.jpg
51IiP7QgakL._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_AA115_.jpg
51CyYVypODL._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_AA115_.jpg
51TvC5gZ1NL._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_AA115_.jpg
51HlrrBs3AL._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_AA115_.jpg
511YSK3i6LL._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_AA115_.jpg
51ogLa1w-hL._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_AA115_.jpg
51NSE762SYL._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_AA115_.jpg
41gqkHI4YSL._AA115_.jpg
41G0YX10JDL._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_AA160_.jpg
41YQHDWRyGL._AA160_.jpg
51doVj0sGmL._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_AA160_.jpg
41-8timh4IL._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_AA160_.jpg

sigh..
ha ha ha, i was going to do research but im glad i didnt, you forgot Red Cell and Rogue Warrior! BTW, i am soooo sick of Navy SEAL shit. Not every dude is hot shit and what ever happened to "Quiet professionals" and OPSEC or just being humble. They over glorify shit. Anyone who has fought before knows that it aint all its chalked up to be. Fun? yes. Dangerous? yes. Crazy and you cant stop thinking about it from how crazy shit was or how it went down?? all the time, however, for christ sakes stop with the media coverage. un freaken believable. alot of these heinous situations came to fruition based off of poor tactics people! trust me i know!

Back