Anyone know what this is?

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
Picked this up in an antique store in Georgia, for no reason other than I thought it was cool and was priced at like $3. Anyone know what it is? A quick search on Google Images returned a "possible match" of a Bronze Star Medal, which this definitely is not:

blue cross.jpg

Picked this up in an antique store in Georgia, for no reason other than I thought it was cool and was priced at like $3. Anyone know what it is? A quick search on Google Images returned a "possible match" of a Bronze Star Medal, which this definitely is not:

View attachment 40126

It's the Lord Fauci, creator of viruses and mask mandates award (without oak leaf/first award).

It's given to virtue signaling tarts that wear masks in cars.

:)

May be an IC or Ally commendation medal from a NA, that's not supposed to leave the SCIF- or a novelty trinket that isn't stamped yet- like a non-official, does not mean anything, old school award. It looks more closely like the latter.

After my buddy consulted with his own, they’ve determined that while it definitely has the look of something Eastern Europe, it is most likely some type of stage prop or civilian created award/prize.

These guys are good, nothing would thrill them more then to be wrong, but I won’t bet against them.

It’s a star on a blue Maltese cross. Is this like the lady in the hat or old lady thing?
That's the reason it caught my eye; my college fraternity (ATO) incorporated the Maltese cross in a lot of our imagery. I don't think it's related, just thought it was interesting. It was near some pins from the Shriners and Masons, so it might have something to do with an organization like that.

It means you where in the marching band all 4 years of high school.

In my HS if you were in marching band you got a varsity letter because it was a competitive activity (to note, one of the best MBs in North Carolina).

A lot of nasty looks from the athletes every spring when all the lettermen/women got together for a group pic for the yearbook lol (I got my letter in MB, also wrestling).

In my HS if you were in marching band you got a varsity letter because it was a competitive activity (to note, one of the best MBs in North Carolina).

A lot of nasty looks from the athletes every spring when all the lettermen/women got together for a group pic for the yearbook lol (I got my letter in MB, also wrestling).

Off topic a bit but Kids are more accepting now. I think its fine to letter in band because those kids put a lot of effort into their craft just as an athlete does. When I was in school we used to say Soccer was for kids who couldn't play real sports. Now, Soccer is one of the biggest sports. FWIW, I lettered in Baseball.

Off topic a bit but Kids are more accepting now. I think its fine to letter in band because those kids put a lot of effort into their craft just as an athlete does. When I was in school we used to say Soccer was for kids who couldn't play real sports. Now, Soccer is one of the biggest sports. FWIW, I lettered in Baseball.

The "joke" was that as a competitive group our marching band was better than the football team, which rarely broke .500. The band almost always won the competitions, never placing below second. But no one cared about the varsity letter thing more than the football team.

I played JV baseball and JV football, a season each.

Back