Army Ranger School Is a Laboratory of Human Endurance

Ooh-Rah

Semper-Fi
I asked a Vetted Ranger on the site to review this article and make sure it was not 'shit', he gave it the okay so thought I would share...

The military's toughest training challenges have a lot in common with outdoor sufferfests like the Barkley Marathons and the Leadville Trail 100: you have to be fit and motivated to make the starting line, but your mind and spirit are what carry you to the end. A Ranger graduate breaks down an ordeal that shapes some of the nation's finest soldiers.

I asked a Vetted Ranger on the site to review this article and make sure it was not 'shit', he gave it the okay so thought I would share...

The military's toughest training challenges have a lot in common with outdoor sufferfests like the Barkley Marathons and the Leadville Trail 100: you have to be fit and motivated to make the starting line, but your mind and spirit are what carry you to the end. A Ranger graduate breaks down an ordeal that shapes some of the nation's finest soldiers.

It’s truly amazing what these soldiers can do. They are superhuman. It sounds like a Laboratory from Hell for Human Endurance. In the Can’t Hurt Me Book, I read that Goggins lost 56 pounds by going through Ranger School and that men died in the mountain phase during winter because of sickle cell trait.

I don't know, it was pretty bad. I wouldn't go back, but everything David Goggins says is so dramatic. The school is not set up to kill people; it is set up to break guys down. Sleepy, hungry Ranger students are more compliant training tools. Literally thousands of people graduate every year.

Back