Army to Field MultiCam in Afghanistan

Snaquebite

Special Forces
Verified SOF
http://soldiersystems.net/2010/02/17...n-afghanistan/

Army to Field MultiCam in Afghanistan
February 17th, 2010

According to Army sources the Chief of Staff of the Army approved a plan today to field MultiCam to all Army forces in Operation Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan) beginning as soon as possible. This is implementation of the decision brief’s Course of Action 1 which called for the fielding of MultiCam to all Army personnel engaged in OEF. Other options offered to GEN Casey included fielding a less robust MultiCam package focused on ground maneuver elements as well as a plan to maintain the status quo. It is important to note that the decision to field MultiCam uniforms and equipment currently only affects forces operating in OEF.

Great News!.. Who ever developed that ACU should be sent out in it to Afghanistan!!

Now they have to buy new gear that won't comprimise the multi-cam.
One downside, big Army will insist on patches for OEF Multicam wearers.
I would have limited multi-cam to ground maneuver forces only.

Now they have to buy new gear that won't comprimise the multi-cam.
One downside, big Army will insist on patches for OEF Multicam wearers.
I would have limited multi-cam to ground maneuver forces only.

Building IOTVs in MC to match the new uniforms, pouches, etc. will take some time, but this is a good decision IMO.

I can't wait to see my first fobbit with MC.

Now certain AF guys and gals will need an additional set of uniforms. That will drive one particular general on Bagram freaking nuts...good thing he is leaving soon. Airmen in MC? Some blue suiters will bleed from their ears when they see it.

Update from Soldier Systems

UPDATE: Apparently, congratulations are a bit premature. According to multiple sources, the information above is still valid but due to the level of visibility on this issue, the Secretary of the Army, the Honorable John McHugh still needs to consider the issue and make a final decision on the CSA’s recommendation. Although GEN Casey has approved the plan, this is not yet a done deal.

Building IOTVs in MC to match the new uniforms, pouches, etc. will take some time, but this is a good decision IMO.

I can't wait to see my first fobbit with MC.

Now certain AF guys and gals will need an additional set of uniforms. That will drive one particular general on Bagram freaking nuts...good thing he is leaving soon. Airmen in MC? Some blue suiters will bleed from their ears when they see it.

I thought the ST folks were already in MC?

For you current Army bubbas, I work a lot with your folks in various places... Would it be frowned upon if my plate carrier/molle gear is in Multicam? I am definitely not a poser, but I'd hate to be considered one because of my camo pattern. I ask because I have to replace my "lost" plate carrier and gear. (I got reissued another set of gear, but it's too much for what I need - Paraclete full armor system in Foliage Green.)

For you current Army bubbas, I work a lot with your folks in various places... Would it be frowned upon if my plate carrier/molle gear is in Multicam? I am definitely not a poser, but I'd hate to be considered one because of my camo pattern. I ask because I have to replace my "lost" plate carrier and gear. (I got reissued another set of gear, but it's too much for what I need - Paraclete full armor system in Foliage Green.)

A poser? No way, not in my book.

It's great cammo, get it.

If any Army wanker gives you shit about it, piss in their cornflakes.

lol, You are a jarhead there is no poser in that. Anyone gives you shit, tell them to suck your Marine dick... Camo is camo and anyone giving a IC shit for using the best camo on the market, should have their nugget checked... I have some 5.11's in MARPAT desert, I wear them and a DCU top when hunting in west Texas. If some Marine gave me shit for it, I would tell that all branch's would wear it if the USMC did get all gay TM'ing the patern... }:-)

I hope the MC replaces ACU Army wide, I think it would be easy to do and the smart option. As for the FOBIT's wearing the MC, I could care less if they wear their class A's. The uniform is just that, it dosen't make the soldier. MC is not a badge of honor and should not be viewed that way, its a better camo patern for our boys on the ground...

Don't most of the guys you work with have solid colors or they personalize it with some paint? We used to mess with the OGA guys who had matching everything, playful joshing. Only the tools got fucked with because they had no sense of humor.

Don't most of the guys you work with have solid colors or they personalize it with some paint? We used to mess with the OGA guys who had matching everything, playful joshing. Only the tools got fucked with because they had no sense of humor.

Some of those guys are serious geeks about gear... I just want shit to work. Thanks for the input about this stuff.

I hope you Army dudes get MC - it's good stuff (and much better than that greenish-blue-gray crap you've got now!). ;)

I wouldn't sweat it at all bro

Secretary of Army Approves Multicam for OEF
February 19th, 2010 LTC Cummings of the Army Public Affairs Office has confirmed that the Secretary of the Army, the Honorable John McHugh approved a plan today to begin the fielding of MultiCam uniforms and individual equipment as soon as possible. Sources have informed Soldier Systems Daily that the Army plans to begin issuing as early as July of this year for Afghanistan bound troops and to complete the initial fielding by May of 2011.

http://soldiersystems.net/

I'm pretty sure we're in the same unit. Unless there's a compelling operational reason for you to go with something else other than what everyone else is wearing, I recommend you just use the Paraclete. :2cents:

Secretary of Army Approves Multicam for OEF
February 19th, 2010 LTC Cummings of the Army Public Affairs Office has confirmed that the Secretary of the Army, the Honorable John McHugh approved a plan today to begin the fielding of MultiCam uniforms and individual equipment as soon as possible. Sources have informed Soldier Systems Daily that the Army plans to begin issuing as early as July of this year for Afghanistan bound troops and to complete the initial fielding by May of 2011.

http://soldiersystems.net/

Would be nice if that included OEF-TS

Back