Attempt to ram USNS Mercy with train

What does he think is going on? The article doesn't say but there is some serious delusion behind this.

ETA: From another article.
In a second interview with FBI agents, Moreno said "he did it out of the desire to 'wake people up,'" according to the affidavit. "Moreno stated that he thought that the U.S.N.S. Mercy was suspicious and did not believe 'the ship is what they say it's for,'" it said.

Crazy Train: Conductor Tries To Ram USNS Mercy Hospital Ship… With A Train

"I’m sorry, but what? Folks, this is some Grand Theft Auto-level jackassery. “Side quest: Steal a public transport train and crash it into a giant-but-sketchy US military hospital ship.” As if our medical workers and government officials didn’t have enough to worry about, we have crazy people trying to CRASH FREAKIN’ TRAINS INTO A HOSPITAL SHIP in the middle of a worldwide pandemic.
Can’t make this stuff up…"

1585799265300.png

Disagree, call it a terrorist act until proven otherwise.
We need common sense Train Engineer controls.
While I do agree that we need common sense, I do not think its accurate to call it terrorism.
That is to say, it does not really fit the definition,
"The unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."

It seems to me that, while this moron can be charged with a slew of other felonies, terrorism does not fit the bill.

While I do agree that we need common sense, I do not think its accurate to call it terrorism.
That is to say, it does not really fit the definition,
"The unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."

It seems to me that, while this moron can be charged with a slew of other felonies, terrorism does not fit the bill.

His ramblings could just be a defence attempt. Until he's fully investigated and the true motive behind the attack, it's plausible to be terrorism.

His ramblings could just be a defence attempt. Until he's fully investigated and the true motive behind the attack, it's plausible to be terrorism.

Very true. Our government is oftentimes in *way* too much of a hurry to call something what it is or is not before it's fully investigated. I think our *always trying to play nice* scheme backfires on us sometimes.

He told authorities he had not preplanned the attack. Well, no shit. He was trying to drive a train into the ship.

Did you see the pics? He wasn't even friggin' close. I mean, he could probably see the ship from where he was but how the hell did he possibly think he could reach it with a train?! O_o

He told authorities he had not preplanned the attack. Well, no shit. He was trying to drive a train into the ship.

Did you see the pics? He wasn't even friggin' close. I mean, he could probably see the ship from where he was but how the hell did he possibly think he could reach it with a train?! O_o

Not sure his intent was to actually reach the ship but to raise awareness of the pending Government takeover. Though the Government has already taken over so I'm not really sure where he was going with that thought.

a8kn1bt96ml31.jpg

Back