AZucks Re introduction- Worked my ass off but f me right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamZ42

Unverified
How’s everyone doing?

I myself am not too well. I had gotten my medical record cleaned up and finished my degrees in Economics and General studies from the University of Pittsburgh.

My dream is to still serve my country while I’m young. With my medical record cleaned up, a strong education from a great school, and a top asvab at an 85, I should be a valuable candidate for OCS, 18x, or a ranger contract.

The new development in my life. I have moved to Salt Lake City Utah to train and make a bit of money in my profession before transitioning life of military service.

The problem. I bought legal marijuana in Colorado and got popped by Mormon cop for a joints worth of pot. As the jay z song goes I was going 55 in 54. Now to my understanding Utah laws have not evolved in 20 years. They slap you with a class b misdemeanor and take your license all for a joints worth of pot that was bought legally. No I wasn’t smoking in my car and it was just sitting in my central console.

My heart is torn up that I could not serve my country, all because I had a joint on me. I am a scholar, patriot, and an athlete. If this is how our country treats those who use a harmless plant occasionally and responsibly, well my patriotism is declining by the day.

All the best
Zuckerman

My dream is to still serve my country while I’m young. With my medical record cleaned up, a strong education from a great school, and a top asvab at an 85, I should be a valuable candidate for OCS, 18x, or a ranger contract.

If that's your GT score, you weren't doing any of those things regardless of what happened in Utah.

One police officer enforces his state's laws and that causes you to lose heart in our country?

I'm not going to pick apart your post, but...that's a rough read.

Good luck.

Last time I checked pot still isn't legal federally, and it's still illegal in Utah. A smart college grad like yourself should know this. You knew getting busted with weed could jeopardize your dreams of joining the military. This has nothing to do with a "Mormon cop", this is on you. Own it.

Have you talked to a recruiter since the incident? How do you know you can't join? There are things called waivers, and if that's not an option, time usually helps.

I agree with @AWP , one run in with a cop causes you to lose faith in our country? Come on man.. Enough with the woe is me crap, you knowingly broke the law bringing weed into Utah. Be a man and figure out how to over come this obstacle you created.

Considering this is your 3rd new Intro post over multiple years, I gotta ask....

What’s your deal?
The problem. I bought legal marijuana in Colorado and got popped by Mormon cop for a joints worth of pot.
No, the problem is that you purchased legal marijuana in Colorado and then brought it into another state where it was not legal.

As the jay z song goes I was going 55 in 54
I don’t think you understand what these lyrics really mean.

No I wasn’t smoking in my car and it was just sitting in my central console.
If it was just sitting in your center console, how did he know you had it?

If this is how our country treats those who use a harmless plant occasionally and responsibly, well my patriotism is declining by the day.
I just sprained my eyes from rolling them so hard.

Get over your victim mentality and make better decisions.

Welcome(for the 3rd time).

I'm not gonna repeat what all the red/green tagged members are saying here, but know most of us in this site likely share the sentiments they're espousing.

We're all here to help, but you may need to do some self evaluation before that can happen.

How’s everyone doing?

I myself am not too well. I had gotten my medical record cleaned up and finished my degrees in Economics and General studies from the University of Pittsburgh.

The new development in my life. I have moved to Salt Lake City Utah to train and make a bit of money in my profession before transitioning life of military service.

The problem. I bought legal marijuana in Colorado and got popped by Mormon cop for a joints worth of pot. As the jay z song goes I was going 55 in 54. Now to my understanding Utah laws have not evolved in 20 years. They slap you with a class b misdemeanor and take your license all for a joints worth of pot that was bought legally. No I wasn’t smoking in my car and it was just sitting in my central console.

My heart is torn up that I could not serve my country, all because I had a joint on me. I am a scholar, patriot, and an athlete. If this is how our country treats those who use a harmless plant occasionally and responsibly, well my patriotism is declining by the day.

All the best
Zuckerman
Weed is still on the Federal Register, so Military members are not allowed to partake. Something you should consider before trying to enlist.

"Mormon Cop" how do you know he was LDS? or are you just assuming every one in Utah is LDS?

Something minor clobbers your patriotism, yet you think you can make it through a selection course.

Good luck.

How’s everyone doing?

All the best
Zuckerman
When God came to Adam in the garden of Eden Adam blamed Eve for giving him the fruit of the tree of Knowledge and Eve blamed the snake. No one took responsibility for their own actions and because of that you find yourself in the situation you are in today blaming a Mormon Law enforcement officer. Clearly we haven't learned that much in thousands of years.

When shit goes sideways and it will in combat and the military who will you blame then?

Yeah we all pick out poison, don’t we ? For a united country we sure can’t agree on the same set of laws.

I don’t think weed is ‘cool’. I bought it legally in Colorado and moved to Utah to work as a financial analyst. I made a mistake clearly.

I am only upset with how, unevenly distributed the laws of our country are.

Clearly if I was in the military that is no place to smoke or drink. But I was in the mountains of Colorado and had a joint left in my truck.

How’s everyone doing?

How does one clean up a medical record? You either had a condition or you didn't. You're either completely recovered or you're not.

An 85 is not a top ASVAB score and far lower than should be expected of someone with a strong education from a great school.

If this is what you chose to do, you don't have the fire in the belly for military service.

The problem. I bought legal marijuana in Colorado
No, you didn't.

... a joints worth of pot that was bought legally.

That's just the thing. While Colorado may have passed a law legalizing pot, it is still illegal under federal law, and thus illegal everywhere. It's a legal concept called big vs. little, and it's not too hard to understand.

Not buying any of this, and I find myself completely agreeing with @Steve1839 and others.

If that's your GT score, you weren't doing any of those things regardless of what happened in Utah.

One police officer enforces his state's laws and that causes you to lose heart in our country?

I'm not going to pick apart your post, but...that's a rough read.

Good luck.

Lots of smart people smoke my friend. There is a time and a place and clearly it was the wrong time and the wrong place.

Tbh, I don’t know why I wrote that post in the first place.

How does one clean up a medical record? You either had a condition or you didn't. You're either completely recovered or you're not.

An 85 is not a top ASVAB score and far lower than should be expected of someone with a strong education from a great school.

If this is what you chose to do, you don't have the fire in the belly for military service.

No, you didn't.

That's just the thing. While Colorado may have passed a law legalizing pot, it is still illegal under federal law, and thus illegal everywhere. It's a legal concept called big vs. little, and it's not too hard to understand.

Not buying any of this, and I find myself completely agreeing with @Steve1839 and others.

No, you didn't.

Condition?

Some things are not life long. Some can be healed.

Yeah we all pick out poison, don’t we ? For a united country we sure can’t agree on the same set of laws.
My point is you are playing the blame game. Take responsibility for your own actions. Personally I think Marijuana should only be for medicinal use and not recreational. But way to change the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back