Beer! (From the MRE thread)

Huge fan of IPA's, the little bodega up the street from me gets the 90 minute (and the 120 minute) IPA and holds it for me.

If you guys don't know about Rogue yet, get your mind right. Hard to find outside of the Northwest, but damn is it good. Notably the Chipoltle Ale (smoky, peppery, surprising) and the Mocha Porter. Damn good beers.

Stone, Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale.

Currently my favourite beer in the world.

Rogue is really good beer too, readily available in the North East too.

Attachments

• stone.jpg
    stone.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 6
When I returned to CONUS after some time in Germany, the hunt was on to find a brew that came close to what I had found in Germany. I could list my favorites from Germany, but there is only so much bandwidth :p;-).I found myself on the left coast, and the brew that came the closest was Henry Weinhard, and it is still my favorite when I can find it. I have a daughter living in an old shipbuilders town in De. The best local brew there is made at the Dogfish head brewery, a bit heavy mit the hops, but it is a good number two. So my short list is:
1. Henry Weinhard
2. Dogfish head
3. Anchor Steam
4. Sam Adams Boston Lager
5. Yuengling

Last edited:
When I returned to CONUS after some time in Germany, the hunt was on to find a brew that came close to what I had found in Germany. I could list my favorites from Germany, but there is only so much bandwidth :p;-).I found myself on the left coast, and the brew that came the closest was Henry Weinhard, and it is still my favorite when I can find it. I have a daughter living in an old shipbuilders town in De. The best local brew there is made at the Doghead Fish brewery, a bit heavy mit the hops, but it is a good number two. So my short list is:
1. Henry Weinhard
2. Doghead fish
3. Anchor Steam
5. Yuengling

Trust me, try Stone and Rogue, You will be impressed!

I've lived and drank beer on 4 continents and they are my favourite...Thus far.

When I returned to CONUS after some time in Germany, the hunt was on to find a brew that came close to what I had found in Germany. I could list my favorites from Germany, but there is only so much bandwidth :p;-).I found myself on the left coast, and the brew that came the closest was Henry Weinhard, and it is still my favorite when I can find it. I have a daughter living in an old shipbuilders town in De. The best local brew there is made at the Dogfish head brewery, a bit heavy mit the hops, but it is a good number two. So my short list is:
1. Henry Weinhard
2. Dogfish head
3. Anchor Steam
5. Yuengling

If you bribe me, I can find Henry's here no prob.... I have most of a case in the cool dark basement as we speak...
recently went to a place in Tacoma.... real Radelberger pilsner, on tap....
Jealous yet, doc?

If you bribe me, I can find Henry's here no prob.... I have most of a case in the cool dark basement as we speak...
recently went to a place in Tacoma.... real Radelberger pilsner, on tap....
Jealous yet, doc?

YES! I can find it in C'ville, and well worth the drive.

Trust me, try Stone and Rogue, You will be impressed!

I've lived and drank beer on 4 continents and they are my favourite...Thus far.

I'll see if I can pick some up next time I re-supply the "Hanks". Thanks, Pardus!

Huge fan of IPA's, the little bodega up the street from me gets the 90 minute (and the 120 minute) IPA and holds it for me.

If you guys don't know about Rogue yet, get your mind right. Hard to find outside of the Northwest, but damn is it good. Notably the Chipoltle Ale (smoky, peppery, surprising) and the Mocha Porter. Damn good beers.
Their Maple Bacon Voodoo Donut brew is too damn tasty!

Hubby went to the beer store today and a promoter from Blue just happened to give him a huge package of beer cozies.Now we are dressing our beer in Blue Jay Jersies.lol

Beer wise drink Blue-Kokanee if I can get it.Heinekin-sorry on spelling.SF Med-if I can find Bradoors will send you some.

Arctic IPA's.....never tried but sound amazing.

Einstok.png

The Einstök Brewery is located just 60 miles south of the Arctic circle in the fishing port of Akureyri, Iceland. There, the water flows from rain and prehistoric glaciers down the Hlíðarfjall Mountain and through ancient lava fields, delivering the purest water on Earth, and the perfect foundation for brewing deliciously refreshing craft ales.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, anyone have any tips for storing beer in growler format? I found a seasonal huckleberry type beer at a small brewery/pub, next to my haircut place. I bought growler and at the rate I drink, it should last me a month. Was debating getting a few more growlers and building up small supply. But I kept hearing, that growlers only keep the beer fresh for a week. Anyone have any tips for storage in the 3-4 month range?

Back