Beer! (From the MRE thread)

Since it is Girl Scout Cookie time again, a PSA from your interloping wine drinker. I give you Beer Pairings for Girl Scout cookies.

http://flyingdogales.com/girl-scout-cookies-and-beer/

Trefoils with Pearl Necklace Oyster Stout (DD)

The smooth butter and vanilla flavors from the shortbread are complimented by the dry chocolate and roast character in the beer.

Do-Si-Dos with Lucky SOB Irish Red

The sweet peanut butter filling and light graham cracker cookie are a perfect match for the rich caramel and toasty malt notes in Lucky SOB.

Samoas with Raging Bitch Belgian-Style IPA

The caramel coating of the cookie and caramel malt soothe the extreme hop character while the chocolate and coconut bring the Belgian fruity funk to life.

Tagalongs with Gonzo Imperial Porter

The one-two punch combination of peanut butter and chocolate is a knockout with Gonzo’s rich chocolate and nutty malt character.

Thin Mints with Kujo Imperial Coffee Stout (DD)

Chocolate, mint, and robust coffee and chocolate malt notes created a peppermint mocha latte in your mouth.

Legend: Pairings marked with a DD are definitely dunkable.

Ok....picked up a few new ones and some old standbys....from left to right....

Old Peculier, Mendocino Oatmeal Stout, Hobgoblin, Banana Bread Beer, Stacked Milk Stout, Organic Choclate Stout and Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter....aaahhhh.....where to start!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 5
Red-dot, if you like organic chocolate stout, you should try Choklat by Southern Tier, it is my favorite chocolate stout by far. Also hobgoblin is really good!

Yankfan,

I recognized the Brew Dog label...if you wanna go all in...I recommend their Tact Nuke Penguin!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Brew%2BDog%2BTactical%2BNuclear%2BPenguin.JPG

Yes that says 32%.....it comes with a cork stopper in case you can't drink it in one sitting...I chose not to employ that option....O_o

(Its made from real bits of penguin!!!!)

Haha that is awesome! I am a huge fan of Brew Dog beers, only had a few unfortunately. Brew Dog Tokyo is the one that I have on the shelf, along with the one in the box which is Tokyo Black Horizon, Brew Dog did a collaboration with Omnipollo and some other brewery. How did you get your hands on that? I have heard of that, and the other beer that is even higher ABV.

Yankfan,

I recognized the Brew Dog label...if you wanna go all in...I recommend their Tact Nuke Penguin!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Brew%2BDog%2BTactical%2BNuclear%2BPenguin.JPG

Yes that says 32%.....it comes with a cork stopper in case you can't drink it in one sitting...I chose not to employ that option....O_o

(Its made from real bits of penguin!!!!)

32%!! I might as well drink some Lagavulin.....Cheers!

Haha that is awesome! I am a huge fan of Brew Dog beers, only had a few unfortunately. Brew Dog Tokyo is the one that I have on the shelf, along with the one in the box which is Tokyo Black Horizon, Brew Dog did a collaboration with Omnipollo and some other brewery. How did you get your hands on that? I have heard of that, and the other beer that is even higher ABV.

Well, back in 2009 in the year of our LORD, me and my friend set out to find this beer.
At the time it was the strongest in the GALAXY.:ninja:

I'm not that crazy anymore.

Last edited:
Back