Beer! (From the MRE thread)

For those of you who's significant other turns up their nose at beer, pick up some raspberry lambic and good stout or porter. Mix 50/50 and you have a raspberry truffle.

Along the same lines, draught Guinness floated over draught Sam Adams Cherry Wheat is very good. Names vary; locally it's either a black cherry or a chocolate covered cherry.

It also works with good cider (dirty apple).

That's the nice thing it's as if Guinness was created to have another beer/cider added together in a glass. Those Irish knew what they were doing. A quick switch but The Scots also know their way around a good scotch.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/dea...-buy-maker-of-jim-beam-for-13-6-billion/?_r=0

Unrelated to beer, but a sad day in whiskey. Although not surprised as Jim Beam IMO is worse than being the Schlitz of whiskey, and the fact they originally wanted to water down Maker's was a huge no-no. Still sad that Beam couldn't hold their own and had to be bought out, I get huge for shareholders but will the quality get better? I doubt it as it's just more $$$ in the pockets.

Beer....mmmmmm...... I'm a big Samuel Smiths oatmeal stout, Rouge Dead Guy, and Hobgoblin fan! And then there's scotch!

Stay thirsty my friends...

there is another thread or three where scotch is mentioned8-)... please keep with the beer portion of our program, or we will have to ask you to leave:hmm::hmm:... your choice of bouncers are Bruno the Wonder Mutt, or Sasquatch... :rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Beer....mmmmmm...... I'm a big Samuel Smiths oatmeal stout, Rouge Dead Guy, and Hobgoblin fan! And then there's scotch!

Stay thirsty my friends...

Love Samuel Smiths! Taddycaster is defo my favorite from them, also love Heady topper out of I think Cermont and Three Floyd's.

Lately it's been Samuel Adams Winter Lager and Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye. If anyone makes it up to Maine they can give Gritty McDuff's a shot.

Yeti Oatmeal Stout from Great Divide Brewing in CO.
Wake N' Bake Coffee Oatmeal Stout from Terrapin Beer Co. in GA.
Jefferson Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout from Bluegrass Brewing in KY.
Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout from North Coast Brewing in NC.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Lagunitas IPA
Stone IPA and the Levitation Ale
Moylan's Kilt Lifter and the NORCAL IPA
PBR
Etc...

I will just leave this right here. :D

http://lancasteronline.com/article/...ream-to-return-to-stores-in-mid-February.html

The return of Yuengling's Ice Cream is under way, it was announced Thursday.

The product has started coming off the production line and is due to arrive in stores in mid-February.

The product, first made in 1920, is coming back after a 28-year hiatus.

President David Yuengling said that initially, the plan was to begin producing the ice cream in March.

But the response to the September announcement was so strong that the start of production was pushed up two months, he said.

Damn photo is sideways.. But out of the 276 beers I have had these are my favorite. Especially Jacobin Rouge which is a Flemish Red, and Rye Da Tiger by Three Floyds. As well as all of my home brews20131125_103535.jpg

Back