Best glass for cash for an SPR?

If you're shooting inside of 500m or aren't going to be doing any true sniper work, I'm a big fan of my Trijicon Accupoint 1-4x. It's a great for 3 gun matches and I've carried in Afghanistan on a 10.5" M4 with my Mk13 on my back. The reticle uses the same illumination system as an ACOG(tritium/fiber optic) which is very bright and is very close to a true 1x, so you can shoot it both eyes open like CCO, etc. For long shots, I just crank up the mag and turn down the reticle brightness. It has mil turrets which are graduated, and is adjustable without tools. I shoot it at either a 200m or 600m zero (which I can switch between in about 2 seconds) and that has done me pretty well.

I second Etype's post. I run the same scope TR24 with LeRue quick mount on my M4 platform for three gun. In A-stan I used a ACOG Reflex, my intended use / mission was defensive in nature. The reason I purchased the TR24 was on the advice of Taran Butler. My zero is 3 inches high at 100 yards. 77 grainiers at 2716fps is / was the best ammo I found for my gun. I was amazed at the accuracy and group size of this round out of my standard barrel, 1/2 MOA at 100. Still got the target to prove it. That load was recommended by the guys at Sierra when I called them regarding this issue.

I wish I knew about this scope prior to my last deployment...

Just to chime in, the glass is incredibly bright and crisp. Most people unfamiliar with Trijicon's Accupoint line are pleasently surprised by the quality of the glass.

I'm goingg to go ahead and throw this out for the peanutt gallery; in direct relation tto the title of the thread, don't be afraid one bit to check out almost any Nikon especiaally if this is jsut a fun gun. You will not find better visibility for the money, even in a Leupy IMO

I'm goingg to go ahead and throw this out for the peanutt gallery; in direct relation tto the title of the thread, don't be afraid one bit to check out almost any Nikon especiaally if this is jsut a fun gun. You will not find better visibility for the money, even in a Leupy IMO

+1 Nikon has very clear glass, good positive adjustment's and normally a third of the cost of optics less in quality. The M223 line by Nikon is good set up for an SPR/DMR type rifle.

For an SPR I would use the MK4 series rifle scope. 3.5x10x40 with either a TMR or Mil Dot reticle. Dont waste you time on gimick reticles - keep it simple and easy. You can use hold over method just as effectively with either reticle or dial for longer range shots. As for the Larue mounts - they rock! we have been using them on the 338 and have had excellent results - namely the Larue LT111 OBR, QD mount.

You can't shoot a 3.5x both eyes open, or very quickly- so you're basically converting your special purpose rifle into a sniper rifle, an under-powered sniper rifle at that.

SIGHTRON SIII all the way
And if has survived more than 1000 rounds on my fifty bolt gun... it means it is tough and with awesome glass and GOOD PRICE. That was the first statement: Glass for cash....

SIII's are all over $800, and all high power. A scope should last 1,000+ rounds, don't you think? As long as it's not on a .50 cal bolt gun.

Back