Best Infantry

Why is everyone so reluctant to say the U.S. Army infantryman in WWII? With only a few exceptions won every battle they fought.

Kurt,
I cannot agree with you more... it seems that everyone is afraid to admit the truth. The USMC and the US Army during WWII are some of the bravest and most honorable soldiers in the history of man. I would venture to say that the US Army, from the Nomandy invasion to the Ardennes Forest, suffered as much if not more than any soldier in history. Old world tenacity coupled with new world technology clearly qualifies the US Army and British Forces assembled under the great Gen. Eisenhower as one of the most superior forces ever to walk the planet.

If you are going to be patriotic about this, then I'll have to say the First Canadian Expeditionary Force WWI; a rag tag group of volunteers from across the the Dominion with outdated/obsolete equipment and minimal training. They were decisive in the defence of Flanders and some of the first mustard gas attacks from the Germans. And lest we forget Vimy Ridge.

If you are going to be patriotic about this, then I'll have to say the First Canadian Expeditionary Force WWI; a rag tag group of volunteers from across the the Dominion with outdated/obsolete equipment and minimal training. They were decisive in the defence of Flanders and some of the first mustard gas attacks from the Germans. And lest we forget Vimy Ridge.

There is nothing patriotic about suggesting that US and British forces assembled for operation overlord and the subsequent march through Europe is nothing less than astounding! That is mere fact and has direct impact on the world as we live in it today; a pivotal point in world history.

There is nothing patriotic about suggesting that US and British forces assembled for operation overlord and the subsequent march through Europe is nothing less than astounding! That is mere fact and has direct impact on the world as we live in it today; a pivotal point in world history.

Very true. Just thought I'd throw in my nations flag, ;) it's not often recognized as at the time was fighting under the British. The battles during WWI are what helped create Canada as a nation and get us the International recognition deserved.

Very true. Just thought I'd throw in my nations flag, ;) it's not often recognized as at the time was fighting under the British. The battles during WWI are what helped create Canada as a nation and get us the International recognition deserved.

True, True...

Back