Best OPORD contest

mike_cos

Folgore
Verified Military
I'm thinking to post here a WARNO... (don't worry... it's fake...) with all possible infos for you to create your personal OPORD to submit to SS. Best OPORD will win a BlackOp...:D
Admin this could be non-conforming OPSEC/PERSEC rules?

I think it's a good idea. I don't think an OPORD based on a fictitious scenario would be likely to run afoul of OPSEC.

Then again, the support guys would whip the operations guys' asses in OPORD writing anyway, so maybe it's not worth the time.

I think it's a good idea. I don't think an OPORD based on a fictitious scenario would be likely to run afoul of OPSEC.

Then again, the support guys would whip the operations guys' asses in OPORD writing anyway, so maybe it's not worth the time.
well.... very well.... WARNO incoming...

We had moved to the mil format briefings/opords when I first started but they hadn't bothered to tell the people already working there. Queue a bunch of "why is he repeating himself all the time?" "what's with the unnecessary 'not applicable' repeated twice?" I quite liked the format, it's very logical but I think both sides of the briefing room needed a bit of training!

I think it's situation, mission, execution, service and support, command and signal. At least that's what I remember it being back when I actually did them.

I think it's situation, mission, execution, service and support, command and signal. At least that's what I remember it being back when I actually did them.

I thought it was Situation, Mission, Execution, Administration & Logistics, Command & Signal... :confused:

I see that I slightly stimulated interest... please wait for WARNO (this evening)... today I have very dangerous op... (go out with my wife and 2 sons...)...

P.S. : BOON!!!! damn... I'm addicted to SS! Stop subliminal messages!

I think it is also, www.google.com

Mara's is how I was taught, but I wouldn't be surprised if each service had their own method. Except the AF....:D

Hey hey hey, if it ain't broke, and you can steal it and relabel your initials on it, then it was ALWAYS yours, right?

Don't know if you gents ever heard of it, but there is this book called the "Ranger Handbook". Pretty useful! It lists the OPORD as Situation, Mission, Execution, Service and Support, Command and Signal. And for the record, yes, we use that format and didn't come up with our own.

Ah, Hell... I have to remember a 5 paragraph field order?
Situation
Mission
Maneuver
Actions at the objective
Command and Signal

kinda crap?

I don't know if I'm gonna play.

This SMMACK's of acronyms too much for my enjoyment.

All of our actions at the objective were pretty much the same, walk through the smoking heap of rubble and go make another one somewhere else.

Back