Brand New A.R.M.S. Throw Lever Scope Mount Broke in my hand!!!

08steeda

So I go and pick up my Brand New A.R.M.S. Throw Lever Scope Rings and put it on my Springfield M1A Super-Match.

I get everything leveled and set with my eye relief and I give the throw lever an extra little push by hand and BINK the throw lever snaps off the mount! Right in my freaking hand! I have been working out and getting back in shape but I am a FOG!

I am standing in my shop looking at the throw lever in my hand and I am speechless!

The real pisser is that it has the scope locked in place and I have no clue how I am going to get this thing off now! Especially without damaging the Scope Mount!

WTF!!!!

A.R.M.S. Mounts have a great rep and this is not my first set! So now I am really F'ing pissed!!!

Now what!

Holy Shit!!!

Anyone know someone from A.R.M.S.?

HOLLiS

Verified Military
One the broken part, may be a vice grip (there are several type) clamp on to the broken part and rotate.

There are roll pins, maybe drill out if ^^^ doesn't work.

Would help if I had it my hands to look at.

P. Beck

Special Forces
Verified SOF
Hate to say it but I had the same thing happen to a set in J'bad last year. Center post sheared and rendered it useless. Cast part. Put me off throw-lever mounts forever. Shoulda posted it as a warning. Sorry.

8'Duece

You should alway's stick with LaRue Tactical mounts. :D

Just a thought Steeda. ;)

KBAR-04

Verified SOF Support
SOF Support
Hate to say it but I had the same thing happen to a set in J'bad last year. Center post sheared and rendered it useless. Cast part. Put me off throw-lever mounts forever. Shoulda posted it as a warning. Sorry.

That was the first thing I thought, has to be cast.... Thats a real shame, forged is the only way to go for small high stress parts. Might consider getting a set of Smith Enterprises steel rings.

08steeda

I did not think they were cast parts, especially the post that snapped of below the collar. So there is nothing to grab!

Ordering LaRue right now!

I always thought A.R.M.S was good quality kit!