BUD/S 2nd Phase "Dream Sheet"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose Rodriguez

Unverified
Hey guys,

A while back I spoke to a buddy of mine who had a vast knowledge concerning the SEAL's. I dont know how in the world he knew so much but anyway, he told me that in the 2nd phase of BUD/S, you receive a 'dream sheet' where you can opt for which team you'd like to go to etc.. Just wondering if anyone could clarify if this is something that actually happens and was not a lie that my friend told me.

Thanks.

Jose,
Please provide an Intro in the appropriate forum before posting again.

Thank you.

NO, NO, NO!!!! NOT another; "I heard from someone who read somewhere that somthing like this was what was written by somebody else who heard it from a good source, can you confirm this for me?" post... Major Fail, and before you even introduced yourself.... You deserve the user title of "FTFSFI".

Seems like something no one would need to worry about until they made it to the second phase of BUDS.

At that point, I'm sure the IS would let you know the answer...

Not that it's my place to confirm or deny anything here of course, but in the book American Assassin, Chris Kyle mentions something like this in passing. Maybe read that book. *shrug*

Not that it's my place to confirm or deny anything here of course, but in the book American Assassin, Chris Kyle mentions something like this in passing. Maybe read that book. *shrug*
fail_your_shipment_of_fail_has_arrived.jpg

Sorry, my face is really red right now. I just finished the new Vince Flynn novel as well, and was comparing it to his previous one American Assassin, and anyhow *boards the Failboat*

I didn't want to start a new thread, so I figured I'd hijack this abortion...
A good buddy of mine from AZ (that I trained with) has "break out" tonight and a shit storm to follow for the next 5 days. Hopefully he'll have his brown shirt this time next week!

I also learned today that Hell Week is in the middle of 1st phase. I always thought it was at the end. Learn something new every day...

They've had it in several different spots over the years. Way back in the day it actually used to be the very first week. Then it was at the end, then it was the 2nd I think, then the 5th, etc. What I've been told is that they have experimented with it in so many places to see if it affects the attrition rate at all.

The way he explained it is that it's now in the 5th week of Phase 1 because there's a few more things that they're taught (as in an actual "you have to learn/retain/apply this" situation) in the last 2-3 weeks of Phase 1 before moving on to dive phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back