Buddy Contract Option 40

Bronson

Unverified
So my buddy and i went to our local recruiter and told him that we wanted to become Rangers. We also told him that we wanted to be in the buddy program. he told us that only a certain number of jobs are open for the buddy program, and that our best bet to become Rangers would be to go through basic and ait then voulenteer for it. I want to make sure that we aren't getting fucked out of what we want because we are very serious about it. Buddy program would be preferred but if we cant sign up to be Rangers together, then we just wont do the buddy program. Want to make sure we aren't getting bullshitted here and if anyone knows if its possible to receive a option 40 contract on the buddy program. Thanks

Not a Ranger, or even Army, but this has been discussed quite frequently as of late. Apparently option 40 still sometimes happens but is a thing of the past. Normal ops is to volunteer in basic, and as long as you meet the criteria for what would have been option 40, you’ll be allowed to volunteer in basic.

Disclaimer: This info is sourced from multiple recent threads, and their info was sourced directly from a Ranger Recruiter.

According to GoArmy.com there are still 160 option 40 contracts available each month. 150 of those are for 11x, with every other approved MOS making up the other 10.

According to GoArmy.com there are still 160 option 40 contracts available each month. 150 of those are for 11x, with every other approved MOS making up the other 10.

Can you provide a direct link please?

Not a Ranger, or even Army, but this has been discussed quite frequently as of late. Apparently option 40 still sometimes happens but is a thing of the past. Normal ops is to volunteer in basic, and as long as you meet the criteria for what would have been option 40, you’ll be allowed to volunteer in basic.

Disclaimer: This info is sourced from multiple recent threads, and their info was sourced directly from a Ranger Recruiter.

Allegedly, Option 40 is a thing for other MOS's except for 11X and 68W. Messaging seems to be all over the place, and Ranger Recruiting and USAREC don't seem to be on the same page - only adding to the confusion.

Allegedly, Option 40 is a thing for other MOS's except for 11X and 68W. Messaging seems to be all over the place, and Ranger Recruiting and USAREC don't seem to be on the same page - only adding to the confusion.

i know you mean well, but we have no way of “knowing” that the person on Reddit you are quoting is actually who he says he is.

When assisting members with questions; especially SOF related, we do ask that only vetted members with direct and working knowledge of the subject respond.

i know you mean well, but we have no way of “knowing” that the person on Reddit you are quoting is actually who he says he is.

When assisting members with questions; especially SOF related, we do ask that only vetted members with direct and working knowledge of the subject respond.

Roger that. Feel free to delete the post. Didn't mean any harm but you're 100% correct.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's a legit account.

75th Ranger Recruiting (u/75thRangerRecruiter) - Reddit

Back