Burglar dies in chimney

Homeowner set the fire after he knew the burglar was inside the chimney?

• yes

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • who cares

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters
I'm a "who cares" guy. Homeboy had no business in that chimney and my pure speculative guess is he screamed and was tired from it/ no one was coming. Maybe he yelled when the owner was inside, maybe not. Maybe the owner decided to light the fire and screw with the guy and the perp died, but the bottom line is you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. I wouldn't be surprised if a tox screen on Chimney Boy came back positive, but I hope nothing happens to the homeowner regardless. Should you die over a simple B&E? No, but if you don't put yourself in that position you don't have to worry about dying in a freaking chimney, Stupid Claus.

Okay that would be some cold blooded shit if the home owner knew there was a dude stuck in his chimney and then started the fire.

Okay that would be some cold blooded shit if the home owner knew there was a dude stuck in his chimney and then started the fire.

Yes it would be, hints the question. I've started probably a few thousand fires in a fire place, its obvious immediately if the chimney is closed or blocked. And why it would take so long to put it out once "Stupid Claus" started screaming, is another big question. Either way, I agree it really doesn't matter, and the kid brought it on himself. Just seems really odd, and crazy ruthless if harry homeowner did roast the dude (and I'm not saying that happened).

Maybe, but how many break-ins has the owner sufferred?
There comes a point where good people have to be cold-hearted if they are going to survive.

@DA SWO - agreed, but it does not change the fact that regardless of how many times the man may have had his home broken into, to start a fire, knowing there is someone stuck in the chimney, likely begging for help, is different than pulling your Sig from the nightstand and killing the bad guy in your house at 2am. The man in the chiminey is not a threat - I'm assuming that that the baddie was worn out and didn't start yelling for help again until the smoke started coming up - if that was not the case, the home owner would be guilty of attempted murder -

Where does it say, either in the link or the original story in the Fresno Bee, that the fire was lit intentionally knowing there was a man in the chimney? The link says the man tried to put the fire out when screams were heard and the original story says the family didn't know there was a dude in the chimney when the fire was lit.

Where does it say, either in the link or the original story in the Fresno Bee, that the fire was lit intentionally knowing there was a man in the chimney? The link says the man tried to put the fire out when screams were heard and the original story says the family didn't know there was a dude in the chimney when the fire was lit.

Yeah nobody (well maybe I am but not based on any factual information) is stating the homeowner intentionally set the fire to kill the dude. I'm just questioning how someone could without immediately knowing someone was in the chimney and why it would take so long to put out the fire.

Yeah nobody (well maybe I am but not based on any factual information) is stating the homeowner intentionally set the fire to kill the dude. I'm just questioning how someone could without immediately knowing someone was in the chimney and why it would take so long to put out the fire.
Simple. Lousy SA. Lack of attention to detail. Two very real, contagious and prolific diseases.

LL

These kinds of assholes are just too fucking stupid. Had the homeowner not lit the chimney, this douche would've still been killed while using his toaster in the shower the following week.

These kinds of assholes are just too fucking stupid. Had the homeowner not lit the chimney, this douche would've still been killed while using his toaster in the shower the following week.

No because ... chimney. Know what I mean... he would have gone into dehydration and starvation in the nice brick coffin in which he was encased.

No because ... chimney. Know what I mean... he would have gone into dehydration and starvation in the nice brick coffin in which he was encased.

I was assuming an alternate ending where the homeowner gets tired of the noise and calls the police instead of lighting the chimney. :die:

You can let these idiots go back into the wild, but they're just waiting to pick up a Darwin Award. Frankly, I'm surprised Cody made it to 19 years of age. I guess his life expectancy started to drop off as soon as he left high school (AKA day care).

Back