Camouflage painting for the M4

Bowflage works too. Straight Krylon can destroy bluing.

Completely unrelated question but what do you have the pressure switch for your tac. light secured with?

velcro. I cleaned the point of contact with solvent.. wiped totally clean, then applied the velcro. wen I painted it, I simply taped a piece of masking tape slightly larger than the patch of velcro on the receiver, (it will not lay flat, it lays 'on' the velcro) then misted my paint over that point gently. still adheres well, and no probs so far

Your rifle is a tool, treat it as such.

Go to Walmart, get a 6 pack of beer and some Krylon.

my new AR.... I will paint it eventually, but I am just going to enjoy the new look for a bit....
Armalite lower and a shaw barrel....

Attachments

• ar.jpg
    ar.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 596
  • ar2.jpg
    ar2.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 637
I'm a huge fan of metal foregrips, the plastic ones I used to always bust off my rifle.

I tend to hold onto the mag/receiver when I shoot so I've never really been a fan of vertical grips, but Tango Down makes a stout non-metal number that's waterproof to 200 ft. and has a removable panel on the side for installing a pressure switch.

I use the CQD model on my rifle. It has the place for a presure switch, as well as water tight storage for spare batteries and such.
grip_01_large.jpg
grip_03_large.jpg

Size comparison between the standard KAC grip and the TD grip. Courtesy of Military Morons.

I'd ping PurdueP, he did a really good job on the rifle in another thread.

Here is my first attempt

Never done this before, I don't think it is terrible. Looking at it now, I might have over done it with the colors, but I am also a very harsh critic. Be honest and let me know if you think it stinks.

Attachments

• P1010292-1.jpg
    P1010292-1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 409
My heart fell to the ground when I saw the beginning of your post. :( But thanks for the compliment.

My heart fell to the ground when I saw the beginning of your post. :( But thanks for the compliment.

lol, sorry mate, it's my nature, I mean look at my avatar :D

It really does look great.

Did you follow 91B's guidence or do your own thing?

What colors did you use?

lol, sorry mate, it's my nature, I mean look at my avatar :D

It really does look great.

Did you follow 91B's guidence or do your own thing?

What colors did you use?

I knew thats what you meant, and I don't mind at all. :) I did follow his advice for the most part. I started to use brick red but I just didn't like the way it looked. So I got rid of most of the red but other than that I did take his advice.

Back