Canada's Solution to Lagging Recruitment - Inclusion

The idea that the service should have "inclusive" physical appearance standards is weird. It's one thing to to allow Sikh's to wear a Pagri, it's a whole nother can of works to do the fluo pink hair in an a-line in uniform.

Sounds like someone wants to weaken your military at the expense of the demographic who make up the majority of it.

Everything woke goes to shit.
I don’t have a problem with inclusivity initiatives and “wokeness”, but when recruiting/retention efforts centre around it, that indicates a deeper institutional problem. Being allowed to wear a mohawk and neck tats won’t convince me to stay in, deployments and a meaningful purpose for the CAF’s existence might.

Fact: There is a two year waiting list to get into base housing in Kingston. Imagine being a young Pte with a family having to compete for similarly scarce housing in the local economy. It’ll drive them bankrupt.

A bad economy and high unemployment can drive recruitment. Patriotic fervor can drive recruitment. Great benefits can drive recruitment. Only a few will be driven by freedom of self-expression because even with relaxed restrictions on hair and uniform, it’s still a more restrictive environment, more of a commitment than civilian life.

Plus, at the moment, you have an international situation that, for the first time since Yuri Andropov, has the potential to spiral into a global conflict or even nuclear war. Not the best time to try to appeal to your average self-absorbed 20-something.

A bad economy and high unemployment can drive recruitment. Patriotic fervor can drive recruitment. Great benefits can drive recruitment. Only a few will be driven by freedom of self-expression because even with relaxed restrictions on hair and uniform, it’s still a more restrictive environment, more of a commitment than civilian life.

Plus, at the moment, you have an international situation that, for the first time since Yuri Andropov, has the potential to spiral into a global conflict or even nuclear war. Not the best time to try to appeal to your average self-absorbed 20-something.
Yep. Self-interest is a legitimate motivator. I don't care if someone only joined for the college money, or to get out of poverty, or because they want to run for office later, or for any other reasons. As long as they can do the job honorably and well, welcome to the party.

I don’t have a problem with inclusivity initiatives and “wokeness”, but when recruiting/retention efforts centre around it, that indicates a deeper institutional problem. Being allowed to wear a mohawk and neck tats won’t convince me to stay in, deployments and a meaningful purpose for the CAF’s existence might.

Fact: There is a two year waiting list to get into base housing in Kingston. Imagine being a young Pte with a family having to compete for similarly scarce housing in the local economy. It’ll drive them bankrupt.
Way I see it, wokeness and progressive inclusivity are basically communism/totalitarianism tucking it's junk and dressing in drag. It's still garbage, just packaged into a pretty box that softheads will love.

That "deeper institutional problem" you're hinting at might just be the compromised leadership pushing this garbage. These 'people' are trying to kill Canadian culture.

I can’t speak to what’s it’s like on the inside but one big problem I see is the recruiting process. It has taken me almost two years. (which for my trade isn’t uncommon) Yes I understand Covid has slowed things down but they really need to get people in quicker before they change their mind and do something in the private sector. Probably for higher pay to.

@R.Caerbannog I'd saying they aren't just trying any more, they are becoming successful and all under the guise of "decolonization". Because that worked so well in other colonial countries.
Maybe, maybe not. I think the admin in Canada is between a rock and a hard place. Couple weeks ago (1-2 months) Trudeau had to enact some emergency war powers and start freezing bank accounts of Canadian truckers who we're opposed to tyrannical govt mandates. Backlash got so bad that Castro Jr. went into hiding.

These people pushing this bullshit on the mil are doing it because they are desperate, they need a power base to fall back on. Problem is the mil is made out of the same people they despise, which is why they're trying to bring in their softheads into the fold.

As for decolonization, that's just another commie buzzword they're (the retards) using to justify their bullshit. Thankfully Canadians are starting to wake up.

Back