Cancelling cable...

Pffft... Airwolf, A Team, and Knight Rider were thankfully available on network TV, so I got to watch it in color.
Airwolf was and is still amazing in my eyes, I wanted to fly a helicopter as soon as I saw that show. I do remember the big tv "remote" with a few rows of loud clicking buttons and a red button for ppv.

Not a fan of Hulu personally. You still have to watch the ads even when you pay for it. You can watch most of the content online for free there, the ads are just 100 seconds long vs 45-60. We tried out Hulu and Netflix, stuck with Netflix because of the lack of ads. once we have some spare coin I plan on getting a Roku.
I suggest you take a look at the google chromecast device. It has the same basic features as a Roku but a lot cheaper (35$). You can control it with your Iphone, Ipad, Computer (Google Chrome browser), and Android phone.
Here's the link to it http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/devices/chromecast/#netflix

I suggest you take a look at the google chromecast device. It has the same basic features as a Roku but a lot cheaper (35$). You can control it with your Iphone, Ipad, Computer (Google Chrome browser), and Android phone.
Here's the link to it http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/devices/chromecast/#netflix
I have, our TV does not even have HDMI hookups much less USB. We also need a regular remote, I'm not dragging out a 10 inch tablet each time a 3 year old changes her mind on what she wants to watch...lol

I also am trying to stay away from Google products, they want to harvest WAY to much of your information for my liking.

Also the Roku I want is only $40-45 and I can usually find it for cheaper if I look around.

I wouldn't mind ditching the expense of cable, but my cable provider is also my ISP. Switching from Comcast to FIOS internet doesn't make sense and would likely result in a lower level of service anyway.

I second the suggestions above re: Netflix, Hulu, etc. As far as out of market sports...sports bar?

Does anybody else remember when TVs came in attractive wooden cabinets, changing the channel meant getting off your ass and turning a dial, and you were happy to get three or four channels?

I had Comcast in Savannah, and hated it, made death threats daily. Then we moved to NY, and had Time Warner, and they sucked horribly. FiOS just came to the area at the time, so we signed up for that and were really happy with it. We just moved to CO, and they don't have FiOS out here so we picked up Comcast again, thinking that maybe they just sucked in Savannah. Nope, they still suck. I really miss FiOS, and hope they come to CO soon.

Does anyone here have Charter internet ? We are thinking of going with them, but I've heard negative comments about them raising their rates frequently.
We have had them for the last 2 years. One you are out of the promotional contract the rates go up. You just have to cancel service and open a new account in another household members name to get a new deal.

How much do the rates go up by ?
Contract rate was $35/month (I forget the speeds) to out of contract was at $52/month. We are back on a 12 month contract for $39/month but they have a deal where it's $29/month for 12 months. Our local office couldn't see that deal at their office and we avoided an "instillation" fee of $60 by just going with the higher rate.

These rates were current as of Friday for us in Nevada.

My cable bill for cable, internet and phone is $152 and it will go up to $168

Fuck me and please help me. I live in the NE.

My cable bill for cable, internet and phone is $152 and it will go up to $168.

I have Suddenlink and I am paying $170 for our bundle. I feel your pain...

We have done some checking around in our area and there isn't anything any better unfortunately. I am to the point where I am almost ready to get rid of it and start watching YouTube and Netflix only. Cable is becoming the new form of "organized crime."

Back