Change of Season Crud

Peppermint oil couple drops will clear up the snot, two panadol and penty of water, and that will $45 plus GST thank you!

Echinacea, in addition to vitamin C at high doses, works well for me as a preventative. But echinacea doesn't work for everyone, and Vitamin C loading should not be done willy-nilly as it can lead to kidney stones.

COPIOUS handwashing... almost to the point of obsession.

Otherwise, sleep, hot water with lemon and honey once you get sick. Stay away from diuretics like caffeine in teas and alcohol.

I've been feeling the crud as of late, as well. It doesn't help that I work in a building that has been condemned due an overgrowth of mold. :bleh:

I'm a firm believer in sleep, hydrate, exercise and SAUNA!! And of course all them good things to eat...

If I feel like the crud is heading my way, I double my time in the sauna, make sure to go every day, drink more water, take echinacea, and go to bed early.

Never have anything last more than a couple three days.

LL

I have been using a sinus spray called SinusBuster, made from OC extract. This stuff works great, although it takes some getting used too. Works wonders for cluster headaches brought on by sinus problems. www.sinusbuster.com.
Also, use a humidifier, I have a cool mist type, run it at night when I sleep to keep the sinus passages moist.
Also, try to reduce your intake of dairy products, that will help to cut back on mucus production.

The Crud has hit my house!

So my little girls are sick...the crud has set into my house. Must be the warm days and cold nights. Cough! Cough! Cough!.....

Sounds like it has set in across the nation!:(

What are some of the best remedies or supplements (that's for you Will) that you use/ can come up with for battling the Change of Season Crud?

Honestly, there does not seem to be anythingg terribly effective. Some studies find high dose vite C, zinc, etc, can shorten colds and or make them less intense, but some studies don't find that effect. If they help, it's subtle at best. I tend to up my intake of multi, C and zinc if I think I am getting sick, but I can't say with sound science it's effective. Washing your hands a lot, never touching your facee until you wash hands, and trying to avoid places where sick people are, is most effective for avoiding it over any supp.

My boss has that shit. Lately I'm carring crosses, holy water and garlic neclace into any and all meetings in which he is present...

....nasty stuff.

It's that time of year again.

So, I'm bumping this back up.

.....and yes.......I've got the Crud again. :doh:

It's that time of year again.

So, I'm bumping this back up.

.....and yes.......I've got the Crud again. :doh:

Hope you feel better :(

I'm a fan of the tylenol cough/cold/flu products after last years bout with the crud.

Back