Conceal Carry

I bought a Galco, plus a no-name chest rig, and a neoprene "sleeve" type for inside the pants, and/or inside a carry bag/inside the glove box. The neoprene is super slick for really fast draws from inside the waistband; it lacks in retention, but in the end I just got tired of over-thinking it.

I couldn't decide, and the gun show came to town. They got me good.

CELL PAL

I also got to see these up close and personal. It is the newest concealed carry method I am aware of, and probably the coolest IWB style I've ever seen. The guy demo'ing the product in the video was at the Central Florida gun show with them.

He had a 1911 in his pants (almost totally invisible), and I tested the holster and was able to carry an M-9 in my pants- which is a HUGE freaking gun to carry that way, too. But I swear it worked, and was highly concealed. The flap of leather disperses the pressure, so it really reduces the print.

Take a look. Some of you might be interested in getting one. My opinion is it is very, very concealed, doesn't leave much of a print, (looks like you are carrying something in your pocket) is relatively comfortable, and the quality of the product looks pretty good, with double stitched seams, etc.

At the time, while I was in the gun show, I didn't buy one because (a.) I wanted to do some research on what other people say about it, and (b.) I was unsure of how accessible it would be when you needed to draw under pressure.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxtv1KQimis[/ame]

Lol

While it's a neat product, it actually evolved from the old "Pager Pal"

Hardly anyone outside of emerg svcs uses pagers anymore. LOL

I still like my IWB j-hook Galco over this simply because if you're seated, and either your waistband is tight, your pant leg is tight or either of them tighten up even further because both your leg and waist are bent, it can bind hindering accessibility. This isn't a problem w/my Galco. Not saying it isn't a smart product, but some situations may limit it. The longer the piece, the more potential for binding up. Just something to think about. :2c:

I also got to see these up close and personal. It is the newest concealed carry method I am aware of, and probably the coolest IWB style I've ever seen. The guy demo'ing the product in the video was at the Central Florida gun show with them.
]

If you are a large overweight man wearing big baggy pants, I guess it will work well enough, but nothing about that looks comfortable to me in the least. Under those conditions where carry options are very limited, I can see it being better then nothing, but the choice of clothes will still matter as to not print, but walk around all day like that as a primary mode of CCW? No thanx. :2c:

If you are a large overweight man wearing big baggy pants, I guess it will work well enough, but nothing about that looks comfortable to me in the least. Under those conditions where carry options are very limited, I can see it being better then nothing, but the choice of clothes will still matter as to not print, but walk around all day like that as a primary mode of CCW? No thanx. :2c:

I'm not fat at all. I'm 6' and 205 (+/-) and train daily. But you are totally right, you would need to be wearing baggy pants. I just think that is a common theme for most types of carry.

The thing is, if you're average build, with baggy khaki's and a polo shirt, this method will work in my opinion, and you can keep the polo tucked in if that is your thing.

I didn't buy one because I wanted to read up on it, and also because I questioned the accesibility of it in a vehicle. I can't get my hands down my pants in a car. No hidden humor there, I'll just say pre-emptively.:)

I'm not fat at all. I'm 6' and 205 (+/-) and train daily. But you are totally right, you would need to be wearing baggy pants. I just think that is a common theme for most types of carry.

The thing is, if you're average build, with baggy khaki's and a polo shirt, this method will work in my opinion, and you can keep the polo tucked in if that is your thing.

I didn't buy one because I wanted to read up on it, and also because I questioned the accesibility of it in a vehicle. I can't get my hands down my pants in a car. No hidden humor there, I'll just say pre-emptively.:)

Like I said, better then nothing for sure, but it clearly has it's own limitations as do other carry methods. For me, that wold really be last resort method if I had no other way to conceal it. Let us know if you decide to try one. Just don't blow your di%$ off. A lot of people also swear by Thunderwear:

http://www.thunderwear.com/

No interest to me, but people I know who have used it, liked it. :)

One technique I use when I'm in my vehicle is to use a liner made of a PVC mesh that provides a non-slip grip surface, it's non-adhesive, and comes in a roll. It's primarily used as a kitchen drawer liner and works great on top of an armrest or seat. Your piece doesn't slide or slip around, regardless of how fast you make a corner or stop. Just cut a square to the size you want.

Of course, this is used without kiddies in the car. I've used this for a few years and it works quite well. Just another option for your bag of tricks. :2c:

Attachments

• shelf liner.jpg
    shelf liner.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 7
Out of all that I have seen I will vouch for the crossbreed holsters supertuck. I wear one for my S&W M&P FS and compact 40 S&W which is very comfortable with both. I also intend to by 2 more one for my Sig P229 40 S&W and y FNH FNP-40 40 S&W, yes I like the holster that much. As far as the leather flap cause heat build up it does a bit, but works much better all year yound in almost any attire. That flap also protect the gun from you (sweat) and you from the gun (skin abrasion).

Like I said, better then nothing for sure, but it clearly has it's own limitations as do other carry methods. For me, that wold really be last resort method if I had no other way to conceal it. Let us know if you decide to try one. Just don't blow your di%$ off. A lot of people also swear by Thunderwear:

http://www.thunderwear.com/

No interest to me, but people I know who have used it, liked it. :)

a thunderwear drawn vid

[YOUTUBE] <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FgOnJ48hW0g&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FgOnJ48hW0g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> [/YOUTUBE]

Out of all that I have seen I will vouch for the crossbreed holsters supertuck. I wear one for my S&W M&P FS and compact 40 S&W which is very comfortable with both. I also intend to by 2 more one for my Sig P229 40 S&W and y FNH FNP-40 40 S&W, yes I like the holster that much. As far as the leather flap cause heat build up it does a bit, but works much better all year yound in almost any attire. That flap also protect the gun from you (sweat) and you from the gun (skin abrasion).

X2 on the Crossbreed Supertuck

He had a 1911 in his pants (almost totally invisible), and I tested the holster and was able to carry an M-9 in my pants- which is a HUGE freaking gun to carry that way, too. But I swear it worked, and was highly concealed. The flap of leather disperses the pressure, so it really reduces the print.

Take a look. Some of you might be interested in getting one. My opinion is it is very, very concealed, doesn't leave much of a print, (looks like you are carrying something in your pocket) is relatively comfortable, and the quality of the product looks pretty good, with double stitched seams, etc.

At the time, while I was in the gun show, I didn't buy one because (a.) I wanted to do some research on what other people say about it, and (b.) I was unsure of how accessible it would be when you needed to draw under pressure.

Don't like it.

During a real stress situation, the chances of foobar are high with this. The chances of an AD are also high. The drawing methods are clumsy and it's crossdraw which i dislike in any circumstance.

Also, it may hold a .45 well, but a smaller weapon will flap around, may even fall out as there's no mechanism to keep in in place. The leather looks soft and by not being molded to any specific weapon, offers zero retention.

I also fail to see how one can run or kick using a holster like this.

Did i mention i don't like it? ;-)

Give me an inside pants holster and loose top and that's as concealed as i need.

I'm a big conservative when it comes to CC, old fashioned one might say.

H

Back